As designed  Ignore system

woostar

The ignore system only ignores threads 'started by' the user, not posts made by them. I'm hoping this isn't intentional (or can at least be over-ridden)? Also, threads started by the user are still viewable on the forum homepage 'last post' preview.

:)

It does ignore posts (and pretty much anything else) by ignored users, but if you navigate directly to content authored by an ignored user, it will be shown.

The ignore system only ignores threads 'started by' the user, not posts made by them
I can't reproduce this. The posts won't show up (though there is a "show ignored content" link that can be used).

Also, what Kier said.

Also, threads started by the user are still viewable on the forum home page.
That is unavoidable. Same with the last post info.

ah, that's why. searched for a post of JVcode (sorry JVcode, was just testing on you) and refreshed after ignoring. It had #post-248487 on the end, so that would be why.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hurricane-irene.19243/page-2#post-248487

As for the last post info, I only asked because I changed my old forums ignore system (because I didn't like how it didn't fully ignore). I used:
PHP:
$hook_query_where = "AND postuserid NOT IN (0$ignoreids)";
to ignore last post info.
(not sure of the xF equiv as I haven't looked into it)

Ta for the replies :)

As for the last post info, I only asked because I changed my old forums ignore system (because I didn't like how it didn't fully ignore). I used:
PHP:
$hook_query_where = "AND postuserid NOT IN (0$ignoreids)";
to ignore last post info.

Yes some sort of hook would be great as most average members of forums don't understand things like better performance and will be royally confused by still seeing things of people on ignore, maybe to the point even to consider your forum just another ol' broken site. As far as loads go for big boards, this could be an option to turn off or on. Maybe because I don't run a million+ post board, load isn't important to me. But to me sumplicity for our end-user is most important.

I was really hoping that the ignore feature would actually allow us to ignore the user. Quotes stripped from posts, posts not visible anywhere, no way to view ignored members posts, not able to see their profile or member card, etc.

FWIW, had that query working on a big board (xx,xxx,xxx pageviews a month) and didn't impact performance... but that was on a vB db structure.

It does ignore posts (and pretty much anything else) by ignored users, but if you navigate directly to content authored by an ignored user, it will be shown.
So when I click on the last post link it will be displayed.
When I click on the thread and browse to the last page, the posting isn't displayed?

users are asking about the ignore feature i promised would come in 1.1.
i am ignoring them. i am thinking to sneak 1.1 in under the radar with the ignore function disabled. i am too embarrassed to unveil this joke on the community. i am embarrassed for xenforo. this looks like nothing more than an afterthought coded one morning before tea. i cant believe we waited a year for this.

The only 'quirk' I'm seeing with the ignore system is that if I read a thread, the thread gets several new replies, the last poster happens to be somebody I am ignoring, then when I click on the thread title to see the other new replies I end up seeing the ignored persons post.

Not a big deal but I didn't realize why I was seeing the ignored person until I read Kier's post #2 above.

Top Bottom