As designed  Ignore system

I do feel that the ignore system is getting better. My browsing experience on xenforo.com has become much better ever since blocking the guy who thinks he's never wrong and can never have a civilized debate and the guy who has random mood swings. For the most part, it's effectively serving its purpose. :)

the fact of the matter people mostly navigate through the lastposter area on index not through threadlistings
Actually, Google Analytics for XenForo.com says that almost nobody clicks on the last poster area. Clicks on the thread title to go to the first unread post vastly outnumber clicks on the last poster link.

Actually, Google Analytics for XenForo.com says that almost nobody clicks on the last poster area. Clicks on the thread title to go to the first unread post vastly outnumber clicks on the last poster link.
This is something I definitely take advantage of. I don't know which page has the first unread post and clicking the thread title takes me right there. So no guessing games are played.

Are 'likes' belonging to ignored people supposed to display as well?
I'm really sick with these "Likes"
There are ignored trolls who are permanently clicking "Like" and you have to see their nickname in all the threads.
Why?
Do you really think that I care about the opinion / "likes" of the ignored members?
To me this is like a bug. very annoying by the way.

I'm really sick with these "Likes"
There are ignored trolls who are permanently clicking "Like" and you have to see their nickname in all the threads.
Why?
Do you really think that I care about the opinion / "likes" of the ignored members?
To me this is like a bug. very annoying by the way.

I know you have me ignored, but I don't see how it can be that annoying since it is a single line that is unobtrusive. Maybe they should remove any thread from view that has a post by an ignored user in it. I think the missing posts and lack of context for some things would be more annoying.

Hello Jake. I like the system to hide content of certain members and sometimes I click on the link to see the comments of ignored members when the topic is interesting. so, the comment of the ignored member possibly will be interesting too.
Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 1.47.40 AM.webp
That's not annoying and I like how it works. Sometimes the comments of ignored members are useful. Cool.

The only very annoying (visual) thing that make me sick are the likes of members who are chasing other members and clicking "Like" over and over and over again, each post of these members for all the board.

You have to see this flood everywhere: --> thejunkieoflikes likes this. <-- #50.998.989.909...

Absolutely everywhere.

They are flooding his nick only. They almost never write opinions, just are permanently clicking the like button everywhere and all the time. that's really annoying.

is FLOOD

so landed on this thread while searching for why threads from ignored users are not shown in new posts section. but posts from them bump the threads and they appear in new posts section. kind of annoying. but based on this thread, this is intended behavior. :(

eRaYPC.png

Ignoring worked fine on Vbulletin without any resource issues, not sure why it won't work on here. This has been a nightmare for us as well on our big board. We tried the add on that blocks, but that has some bugs in it and the developer is not responsive.

How about a compromise... Is it possible to turn off "likes" for someone who is abusing the system and using it to troll someone who has them on ignore, but can still see their likes?

How about a compromise... Is it possible to turn off "likes" for someone who is abusing the system and using it to troll someone who has them on ignore, but can still see their likes?

Remove the “React to posts” permission for the abuser.

Top Bottom