Fixed Ignore sometimes not working

Ntown

1599073436870.pngA member reported this, I basically ignored him thinking it was just him but now it's happening to me. In the above "Bayou Tiger" is on ignore but the message is displayed. I'm using Brave browser.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, these posts are being displayed without any action being taken?

You'll notice in your first screenshot that there is a "Show ignored content" link in the bottom right corner. Usually ignored posts will only be displayed if that link is clicked.

My current suspicion is that you might have some CSS in your style or an add-on which is making the posts display by default.

Can you try this on a default style with no add-ons enabled?

Just to be clear, these posts are being displayed without any action being taken?
That is correct.

Can you try this on a default style with no add-ons enabled?
You know, I modified the default style and that's what we're using. I'm trying to think how I could install an unmodified default theme for testing. And how would I do the no addons?

Do you want admin access?

It appears to be a bug in that it is showing the "Show ignored content" banner in the post, as well as the post content.

Clicking the banner in that post loads all of the other hidden posts in the thread.

It transpires that what you might be seeing is an attempt not to unexpectedly hide an ignored person's content if you have been directly linked to that person's content.

There's clearly scope for this to be unexpected so we'll take a closer look into it.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 RC2).

Change log:
Ensure that post content is still hidden when the URL hash takes you directly to a post by a user you ignore
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Note that this appears to have been a 2.2-specific bug. The issue is that the post content was displayed without a separate click. Displaying the post wrapper itself is intentional/expected in this scenario. Specifically, this applies when the URL you've gone to points to a particular post (via #post-1234). We will always display this post as otherwise the URL would behave in a confusing manner, but we compromise by not displaying the message contents unless you click again.

Top Bottom