Ignore / Filter System

Forsaken

This is from one of my older posts, but it was several different ideas, and I rather this one be added rather then any of the others.

Ignore/Filter System
One thing I've noticed that is currently lacking (In the form of user ignore) currently, and that most forums do not extend more then the basic concept, is the ignore function.

• Users: Rather then just ignore their posts, PM's and such, I'd like to see them completely ignored. More then once, I've been on a forum where there was a person that I could barely stand would aggravate me.
  • Forums/Categories: The ability to completely hide forums or categories, and filter out any threads or posts in them. I often don't read introduction forums, or site showcases, and I rather not have to sift through them when I use the "What's New?" link.
  • Threads/Posts: Ability to ignore certain threads and posts. This is more because I rarely participate in forum games where yous say something about the previous poster.

Upvote 237
I am using Ignore Content by Theme House
Its very good
Many of my users like to ignore whole Threads or Categories

But I hear they may be no longer supporting it (or changing their terms)

Filtering threads is the one I want most, I think. OTOH, the threads I would want to filter also tend to be the ones that require staff attention (anything to do with a certain former US president, for instance).:rolleyes:

Top Bottom