Ignore Content

Ignore Content [Paid] 3.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@truonglv, small bug or is it something on my site?

I blocked a user in a conversation.
When I go to: /account/ignored?key=conversation_blocked_user

1670756096069.webp

There is no phrase and it does not show the blocked user.

What is that count supposed to be?

I've a (0) count number but don't know what the label is supposed to be....
1670777579461.webp

It is for blocked users. There is a new option to block users from conversations.
There is a permission to enable it, but the count is shown anyway which is also not okay.

Now it shows the phrase, but the list of blocked users stays empty:

1671179284333.png

And is the phrase "Conversation starters" hard-coded? I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
It's phrase content type, similar with users, forum and threads.
Could you please explain this? I don't understand what you mean by phrase content type.
Normally, I would search for a phrase with text 'Conversation starters', but I can't find this one.

After download and install (3.1.8):
Code:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
XF v2.2.12
PHP 8.0
Edit: After changing to php 7.4 the installation continued again. After the installation I was able to re-enable php 8.0. Maybe a problem with my server?

I’ve tried a few Ignore functions… will this one allow a user to block another user but chose to view their content? Eg a blocked user starts a thread, can i chose see their thread (and posts) if I have ignored them?

Eg a blocked user starts a thread, can i chose see their thread (and posts) if I have ignored them?
Isn’t the point of ignoring them that you don’t see their posts?

NB: if their posts get quoted, instead of the quote you do see a notice to choose to see the blocked content. I think this is default xenForo behaviour.

Isn’t the point of ignoring them that you don’t see their posts?

NB: if their posts get quoted, instead of the quote you do see a notice to choose to see the blocked content. I think this is default xenForo behaviour.
It is the point, but some users on our forum want to participate in a conversation on a thread started by a user they have blocked. This does not mean they interact with the blocked user but other posters they want to engage with.

It is the point, but some users on our forum want to participate in a conversation on a thread started by a user they have blocked. This does not mean they interact with the blocked user but other posters they want to engage with.
Good point.

It would be good to show those threads but with the first post have a notice saying it is blocked user content - just as it does with quotes.

I suppose the thinking is this should be discussion about a post that you are technically ignoring.

Top Bottom