Ignore Content

Ignore Content [Paid] 3.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I can see the reasoning behind that but I don't think it would be very intuitive, as, users rarely click into category headers. And putting an ignore button on the header would be ugly. Unless you have a better way to suggest?

I can see the reasoning behind that but I don't think it would be very intuitive, as, users rarely click into category headers. And putting an ignore button on the header would be ugly. Unless you have a better way to suggest?
🤷‍♂️ it's hard to incorporate because any button would break a lot of category collapse functionality.

I personally have Category pages on, and there are really only two categories I would want to be ignored.

I also made this suggestion some time ago. @truonglv liked it, but didn't say if he would implement it.
This was the idea:

1637826846371.png
You can click on the minus sign to completely ignore a category.
To make it perfect, add an effect that moves the category button down (animated) so you know where it is going.

1637826942121.png
The ignored category appears at the bottom as a clickable button.

I also made this suggestion some time ago. @truonglv liked it, but didn't say if he would implement it.
This was the idea:

View attachment 260840
You can click on the minus sign to completely ignore a category.
To make it perfect, add an effect that moves the category button down (animated) so you know where it is going.

View attachment 260842
The ignored category appears at the bottom as a clickable button.
The only issue with doing that placement is it could interfere with styles that add category collapse. It's also hard to properly account custom styles and changes to the category itself.

It may be better to add a filter/ignore button where the CTA is, and allow that to be used for choosing what categories are ignored.

Hey guys,
Quick question to you. On our forum we do have this plugin in version 1.1.3 and wondering whether we want to upgrade(our license expired quite long time ago).
Now we do have following problems/use cases. Would you be so kind and answer following questions:
1) If we ignore some user thread will be marked as updated, it should not do it and instead it should go to the next non-ignored user. Do you know if that's the case with newest version?
2) Now this one is 50/50. Some of the users would like to see the thread of the user that started it and see the replies. Currently whole thread is pretty much ignored and not showing on the forum list. Now, is there an option to enable displaying the thread?
3) Is there a possibility to not ignore the user globally but just in certain threads?

Cheers,

I would like to know which members are blocking threads. It seems this is one small adjustment away from having that.

If you have access to the DB, a simple query would do it.

I find it a bit unethical to monitor a user community for content they don't want to see.

That doesn’t make sense. Who cares?

If you tell them you are monitoring who ignores which content, i might concede.

Good admin does not look at what specific people do "in private." Ever.
Unless working a community rules issue.

On the flip side, if you look at ignored content (ie rank the most ignored content) that might be useful

People on my forum are publicly telling others what they block. Nobody seems to view this as some sort of privacy issue. I just don’t see it that way. It should be a decision made by the forum admin/mods. I guess it depends on the type of forum you are running but mine is a madhouse and this would be a good tool for us as the subject matter on my forum is very polarized.

Last edited:
Is there a way to see more than 20 blocked threads in the ignoring stats?
That is something I asked for long ago, hopefully pagination gets fixed soon, but i have waited 2 years :)
And would you please fix some pagination for stats so you can view more pages of stats, now you can only see the 20 first (users/threads) in stats.
I thought it somehow was solved by exporting ignored list but that was something else completely.

I think it is important to see what type of threads many users ignore, to maybe do something about it.

Error. (could it be conflict with Conversation Essentials?)

Code:
Server error log
Error: Macro public:tic_ignore_content_macros :: ignore_button() error: Call to undefined method SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\User::canTICIgnoreContent() src/addons/Truonglv/IgnoreContent/Callback.php:103
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 16, 2022 at 3:53 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1695): Truonglv\IgnoreContent\Callback::renderIgnoreButton('', Array, Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater))
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/tic_ignore_content_macros.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->callback('Truonglv\\Ignore...', 'renderIgnoreBut...', '', Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#3 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('tic_ignore_cont...', 'ignore_button', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/thread_view.php(53): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('tic_ignore_cont...', 'ignore_button', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_action_b...', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/thread_view.php(441): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_action_b...', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('thread_actions', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/thread_view.php(911): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('thread_actions', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, NULL)
#13 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "/threads/how-soon-is-now.25881/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

So someone ignores a forum, and it works fine. When they unignore, it removes it from the list of ignored forums, however, the unignored forum is missing and acts like it is still ignored. I have logged into their account and confirm that this is what is happening.

Any idea what is wrong and how I can fix it for this member? Thanks

Last edited:
People on my forum are publicly telling others what they block. Nobody seems to view this as some sort of privacy issue. I just don’t see it that way. It should be a decision made by the forum admin/mods. I guess it depends on the type of forum you are running but mine is a madhouse and this would be a good tool for us as the subject matter on my forum is very polarized.

Are you saying one person can see what another person blocks?

Top Bottom