If You Were King

DRE

Lets say you woke up one day and found yourself in another land/world etc whose technology was far behind your own. After discovering how smart you were (if you're an ignorant poster you should probably leave this thread now) they asked you to become king of their land. Would you become a king at their request or would you create a different goverment and how would it be ran?

You also need to take in consideration the religion of that land/world because it could be something you don't believe in or that could interfere with your work.

Lots of people have done just this at various times in history and all had their problems eventually. The Romans had far superior tech, which is why they ended up as far as the UK.

People are too complex. I wouldn't want to be even a benevolent dictator...

When you get into politics and government you end up finding out that many people want things which are not good. For instance, some people who make money from "x" (medical care, pollution, slavery, etc.) actually want bad outcomes which harm others. Try to fix it and they'll come up with slogans about how you are limiting their freedoms....and probably start a non-profit org with "patriot" somewhere in the name.....

You can't win. I'd turn down that job in a heartbeat.

Lots of people have done just this at various times in history and all had their problems eventually. The Romans had far superior tech, which is why they ended up as far as the UK.

People are too complex. I wouldn't want to be even a benevolent dictator...

When you get into politics and government you end up finding out that many people want things which are not good. For instance, some people who make money from "x" (medical care, pollution, slavery, etc.) actually want bad outcomes which harm others. Try to fix it and they'll come up with slogans about how you are limiting their freedoms....and probably start a non-profit org with "patriot" somewhere in the name.....

You can't win. I'd turn down that job in a heartbeat.
I went to sleep thinking about The Round Table and woke up thinking about Separation between Church and State. Also been pondering stuff like when God got kicked out of school, school shootings became the norm. Now after parents get their guns taken away, what's gonna happen next?

Lets say you woke up one day and found yourself in another land/world etc whose technology was far behind your own. After discovering how smart you were (if you're an ignorant poster you should probably leave this thread now) they asked you to become king of their land. Would you become a king at their request or would you create a different goverment and how would it be ran?

You also need to take in consideration the religion of that land/world because it could be something you don't believe in or that could interfere with your work.
I would need to be much more greater technologically in advancements than we currently have today; in order to impose the type of changes I would want upon an up starting civilization. The gap between the two would have to compare that of a real life StarTrek entering the age before the dark ages occurred.

Otherwise, no, I would have to turn them down on the offer and attempt to freelance as best as I could without disrupting the locals into fearing me. And my number one priority would be finding away to return back home, assuming this other land did not offer something better. Because if it did, then I may just convert and be assimilated (adapt to my new world).

I went to sleep thinking about The Round Table and woke up thinking about Separation between Church and State. Also been pondering stuff like when God got kicked out of school, school shootings became the norm. Now after parents get their guns taken away, what's gonna happen next?

All this stuff is unrelated......correlation is not causation.

To stay sane I have to tune out most of the garbage being thrown around. TMI.

I am certain that the "voices in people's heads" are somewhat fueled by all this stuff....that is, people cannot help themselves with the net, tv, radio and even video games and they expose themselves to things that we are not programmed to integrate.

But that's probably another discussion. One about Zen Buddhism.

So God in school == no school shootings? You mean, people who go shoot up a school are doing it because they don't have God, rather than being seriously mentally ill?

Of course, this leads into a rant about the American school system I don't even want to go near on these forums, so...

One thing I know about people is they become irate when something they don't want to learn about is forced onto them. That would never work.

Plenty of sick people have killed in the name of God/Jesus.

I'll be your god ;) Feel free to worship me lol

I'll be your god ;) Feel free to worship me lol

Funnily, when you mentioned "I'll be your god" the words switched around and arranged into the word "dog" and I though of that yea olde kia-ora commercial. :ROFLMAO:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Funnily, when you mentioned "I'll be your god" the words switched around and arranged into the word "dog" and I though of that yea olde kia-ora commercial. :ROFLMAO:

hahaha... what went through my mind was this (similar wavelength)

Gun shootings stop! I've never understood Americans and their guns. o_O Utter madness if you ask me.

I wouldn't want to be a king (forgetting the whole male orientation thing there), you still have to answer to your government - unless you're a dictator in which case you're then not going to sleep well at night waiting for the assassins. No, I'm pretty confident that given that situation I'd definitely set myself up as a God... I'd take pointers from the old testament and ensure I smited anyone who argued with me. . .smite... that's such an awesome word. . .. I certainly wouldn't listen to my PR man like the Big-G did and change my attitude for the new testament and become all hippy peaceloving and all that. . . ;)

I wouldn't want to be a king (forgetting the whole male orientation thing there), you still have to answer to your government - unless you're a dictator in which case you're then not going to sleep well at night waiting for the assassins. No, I'm pretty confident that given that situation I'd definitely set myself up as a God... I'd take pointers from the old testament and ensure I smited anyone who argued with me. . .smite... that's such an awesome word. . .. I certainly wouldn't listen to my PR man like the Big-G did and change my attitude for the new testament and become all hippy peaceloving and all that. . . ;)

You would need an awesome weapon to smite those. Your going to need a a good olde (below) to knock them on the head with. <shelley edit: removed mood icon>

Dtopnica_chalice.webp

Top Bottom