If upgrade, will I lose all my custom work?

Then you can manually check the differences or use a document compare function in an editor if you have a lot of edits and just apply your edits in the same way you did before...Kinda wish you posted earlier before I upgraded so you could see as an example how simple it is from some screenshots.
I'm working on an add-on which makes this automatic (first step to tms / automatic template changer^^ )

Here's something you may not expect: You can upgrade and NOT have to revert. You retain the template edits!

I have two xenforo sites and have not reverted most of the templates.
You do realise your installations are not up to date and you will be missing certain functionality and bug fixes by taking this approach?

And just because I'm paranoid I have to ask... none of my regular options will be messed with during an upgrade, right? I mostly just need to worry about templates and styles customizations?

When I upgraded to RC1, I didn't lose any template edits, but I did have to revert the templates and THEN apply the custom changes for the new features (twitter buttons etc) to appear.

Top Bottom