XF 1.5 ReCAPTCHA broken so Upgrading 1.5.13 to 1.5.16a - Will I lose all my add-ons and customization?

WRIST.pub

I'm only looking to upgrade to see if this fixes my broken reCAPTCHA which is stopping anyone from registering. If there's a different way to solve this, I'd appreciate the tip.

When I look at the instructions for upgrading, it says to take the folders from the upload folder and copy them to the server, overwriting the folders that are there. Well, the base Library folder has none of the stuff that I've upgraded to, 3rd party. There's lots of sub-folders in root Library that will be lost.

That just doesn't make sense.

Or do I need to manually go through each folder and sub-folder and just replace individual files and not folders?

The board has been really solid, one reason why I haven't even looked at 2.0. However, the recaptcha problem is killing me.

Help please. Thank you.

The upgrade will fix the recaptcha problem.

Most FTP clients behaviour will merge the folders and contents rather than overwriting so you shouldn’t lose anything. However, please take a backup of the files and database first 🙂

Thank you for the lightning fast reply!

Figuring that I would have to wait a bit, I did some further digging and saw that I could set my own reCAPTCHA question and answer. That seemed to resolve the problem. Again, thanks!

Top Bottom