1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate IE8 - "New" image or link not displaying correctly

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by SneakyDave, Aug 16, 2010.

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

I haven't dug into this yet to explain it, but I just realized I am seeing "blank boxes" on the right of posts that are considered "new" to me.

Highlighting the box tells me there's a link in it that says "new", but it isn't shown unless I highlight it.

See attached.

EDIT: Seems like a problem with the "newIndicator" class? After staring at the "New" text for a bit, it appears to be white.

Attached Files:

2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I think this has been reported.
  3. SneakyDave

I couldn't find anything regarding it.

The problem appears that the newIndicator css may just need an adjustment to work in more browsers. It appears fine in FireFox, although a little bit on the light side if you ask me, but not as light as it is in IE.
    .message .newIndicator
      float: right;
      font-size: 11px;
      font-weight: bold;
      color: white;
      background: #fff4e5 url('styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
      border: 1px solid #f9d9b0;
      width: 30px;
      height: 24px;
      line-height: 24px;
      text-align: center;
      text-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #e68c17;
      border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; -khtml-border-radius: 5px;
      margin-left: 5px;
      margin-bottom: 5px;
    I'd prefer the "New" link to be similar to this style, Trebuchet MS, 11px, #6D3F03, which shows up in the thread list, but that's just me.
  4. SneakyDave