IE 9 Beta

Shamil

The Internet Explorer 9 beta is one thing I've been keeping an eye on, simply because it is currently (as a preview) offering superior performance to other browsers on my machine.

Today, Microsoft will release IE9 beta to the general public. It supports many HTML5, CSS3 and SVG attributes.

I'm also extremely pleased to report that YouTube HTML5 is having much better load in IE9 than in Chrome 6.0.5xxxxx

Get ready for a more beautiful web.

http://www.beautyoftheweb.com

If IE9 is faster than Chrome in any meaningful real-world tests, not including video acceleration, I would eat my shoes if I had any.

If IE9 is faster than Chrome in any meaningful real-world tests, not including video acceleration, I would eat my shoes if I had any.

Skip the shoes, it's the feet!

On my system, sites seem to be more responsive, and javascript performance seems to be slightly, but noticeably faster than Chrome. I haven't tried video acceleration as a test yet, but things are looking good, very good.

IE for Mac? Just kidding! :p
try to get into the microsoft partner's profile without ie... buttons do not function.. i am a microsoft partner, i own a small software shop :mad:
the problem is the most comfortable for me is ff - but i can't delete ie ...

try to get into the microsoft partner's profile without ie... buttons do not function.. i am a microsoft partner, i own a small software shop :mad:
the problem is the most comfortable for me is ff - but i can't delete ie ...
I am actually sadden sometimes for developers to be so dumb they cannot make support for other browsers except IE. Specially my College website, were I can't see my schedule unless I use Internet Explorer and I have a Mac. So I have to recurr to my desktop or a machine in college. I am not installing Parallels with windows right now. :P

i can understand. a question for techies. i am on windows 7 64bit. i am currently download the 64bit edition. but adobe flash player does not run on IE7 64bit edition. what's the thing here? would it still have a 32bit edition that would support flash player? i cannot find the relevant details. :|

funny thing. it downloaded a 2+MB file. i was sort of surprised that it was so small. but well... it turned out to be the download that downloads the actual installer. i mean wtf!

i can understand. a question for techies. i am on windows 7 64bit. i am currently download the 64bit edition. but adobe flash player does not run on IE7 64bit edition. what's the thing here? would it still have a 32bit edition that would support flash player? i cannot find the relevant details. :|

funny thing. it downloaded a 2+MB file. i was sort of surprised that it was so small. but well... it turned out to be the download that downloads the actual installer. i mean wtf!

There is not a 64-bit Adobe Flash plugin.
The installer downloads the relevant files from the network.

well the download page asked me for the version i wanted to install. microsoft probably could not get access to my installed version info from google chrome. they might be showing it automatically for IE users. :)

it removed the IE8 from my Windows 7 machine. there is only one shortcut now. IE8 had a different icon for 64bit edition and adobe flash player did not work on it.

Just installed IE 9 beta. I'm not sure if it is faster than Chrome yet, but MLB still loads a little slow for me in IE. Faster than before though. It looks good overall, but where the tool bar area meets the URL bar has to be tweeked, it doesn't look quite right (ugly actually, lol).

i cannot find a way to move the tab bar below as well.

if it is the permanent place for it... smaller screen users are going to be very frustrated.

Opera has been my browser for years, IE9 is very much faster though. I am so used to Opera with "Speed Dial", "Wand" etc that it is difficult to change to other browsers , but IE9 is so smooth and fast I will certainly be using it a lot.

IE9 steams so much from Chrome. I am not sure if it was because of Google Toolbar add-on... But the new tab page looks too similar to that of Chrome.

Update: Ok I can confirm... It is definitely IE's own new tab page. It shows a bar with colors as per your activity on that webpage. One annoyance... You do not get to see the X (close) option on non-active tabs. So, you cannot close them with your mouse. Middle Click of course works.

Anyone having issues with Acid3 tests, and some websites just not working well? Try a vB forum in IE9, you'll see what I mean.

Top Bottom