1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Firefox 9 beta: no text box on create topic

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by optrex, Nov 14, 2011.

1. optrex

optrex Active Member

Using firefox 9 beta, you will currently be unable to post a new thread as the text box does not appear. You will therefore not be able to add any message content, which will prevent thread creation.

Reply does not seem to be affected, neither is advanced reply.

XF 1.0.4

Attached Files:

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

A complete absence of the editor suggests a TinyMCE incompatibility. I'll take a look to check that it's not something we're doing in XenForo, but we're not likely to spend a lot of time on it while Firefox 9 is still in beta.

3. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

FF9 and xF works perfekt. ($M and MAC)

4. Kier

Yes, I've just tested it here and although it failed to load the first time, a quick refresh and it worked fine.

Can anyone consistently reproduce this?

5. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

It works anytime!

2.jpg

6. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Here, even if I refresh the page, still do not appear the text box. Firefox 9, XenForo 1.1 BETA 5:

imagem.PNG

After a few refreshes:

1.PNG

7. Crazy-Achmet

Crazy-Achmet Active Member

I had the same problem over here. Also after a few refreshes it suddenly appeared.

8. Kier

I'd be more concerned if this were a stable version of the browser, but it's called Beta for a reason, and there have been a lot of JS changes from what I've read. I don't think there's anything we can do about it, but I'm not going to chase it around with a beta version of the browser.

Markos, Andrej, Doctor and 1 other person like this.
  9. optrex

optrex Active Member

I can reproduce it here too. I was unsure that it was a browser issue though and my reasons are this:
    • It works for a reply
    • It works for advanced...more options
    • It works on creating an event on a mod I run
    This left me feeling it was a template issue for create new topic.
    Thoughts?

10. jacko

jacko Active Member

confirmed here

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Confirmed here. I've switched to Google Chrome though. I noticed the site looks way better in Chrome too.

12. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

13. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

This makes me glad that I am still using FF8 :cool:

14. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This does seem like a browser issue -- it looks like FF9 introduced a new console object (or new code for it), and it kills JS internally if given a bad variable (forced to display as an object). If you have Firebug enabled, you won't see this issue.

In js/xenforo/xenforo.js, the fix is to change:
    Code:
    console.info('Title Element: %o', this.$title);
    to:
    Code:
    console.info('Title Element: %o', $title);
    Here's the FF bug report now: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=704014

Kim, Brandon Sheley, steven s and 2 others like this.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I have Firefox 9 Beta. I did the change you listed then cleared the browser's cache but the text box still does not appear.

16. optrex

optrex Active Member

same for me, although I do notice its been fixed on the XF forum now, I can't get it to pick up on mine

17. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have to wait till 1.1RC2

18. optrex

optrex Active Member

I've made the edit and it actually then creates the problem in other versions of firefox, chrome and safari, so I've reverted back

19. darkrounge

darkrounge Member

So, there is a fix for this? Or do we have to wait until a new firefox is released :/

20. optrex

optrex Active Member

1.1.1 was released in Dec and it fixes the issue