Browser issue Idle Forums Lag

I am not seeing anything close to that kind of memory being consumed in the Window Task Manager (I am assuming that is how you are getting the information).. at least not by simply letting the tabs sit in a window, by clicking around on various forums it is slowly being consumed though.
That is what seems to do it more quickly, if you are to click around the site and visit multiple topics. If you just leave 1 tab open on a simple topic it won't leak it as intensely.

As for the relative time stamps, they've seemed to work before but I haven't tried it recently.

There are enough strange things happening with the computer I am using for testing that I don't trust the results. I do realize that FF has always had issues that required re-boots, and often it worked best to power off completely.

I will keep working on this.

It seems that if I'm to leave my Firefox on the Bukkit forums for a long enough period of time it'll slowly start using more and more processing speed and eventually cause me to have to close down Firefox and re-open because it's lagging so much. I have no idea of the cause of this problem, but if it could be fixed or improved on that'd be great!

Thank You!

(Quoted from thread on Bukkit Forums)

Working fine on Firefox 4.0b10 on OS X 10.6.6

I tested it with 34 open Tabs (all from your site) + 2 more tabs on the same windows and and 1 extra separate window with Google Reader opened.

After about 15 minutes CPU usage was only 5.3% and memory usage was quite normal with that many tabs open at 980mb

No lag what so ever on your site from Australia

ff.webp

Just something to note - I recently gave the Firefox 4 beta another try (beta 10) and not only is the memory usage much more stable, it generally feels more polished and I have yet to have any issues other than having to install beta addons and force compatibility.

Pity it still has stupid UI/design decisions like DirectWrite and the removal of the status bar, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few settings/addons.

Just something to note - I recently gave the Firefox 4 beta another try (beta 10) and not only is the memory usage much more stable, it generally feels more polished and I have yet to have any issues other than having to install beta addons and force compatibility.

Pity it still has stupid UI/design decisions like DirectWrite and the removal of the status bar, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few settings/addons.
So the problem doesn't seem to be as bad with the Firefox 4 Beta? I tried it a while back, but I still preferred sticking with the current version until it got closer to give all the add-ons time to migrate to it.

my main-work-computer at home (msi cr700/4gb ram/intel 160gb ssd) with Win7(32bit) and Linux Mint(win vers.) works perfectly with firefox 3.6.13.(win7) (with only webtools and firebug addon)

i´ve allways 5 windows with 11 tabs each open and no problems. the maschine runs 24/7/365 and is restarted once a month only because outlook is after 3-4 weeks not able to get all mails from about 30 diff. acc.
FF3 is using about 450-500mb. FF4 is on my maschine not that stable and is using more then the double of memory.

Top Bottom