Lack of interest Identities Changes - "Windows Live" to "Microsoft"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
MSN/Windows Live isn't actually a standard entry (any more?).

I would say that Gtalk is different from Google+, at least in terms of how it's exposed, though I have to admit that I've not really used much of the "standard" interface into them. (I've only ever used Gtalk via XMPP or via Hangouts on Android. Of course, that does lead into Gtalk simply pointing you to Hangouts on Google.)

Indeed, but what Mike is saying is that XenForo doesn't install a Windows/Microsoft custom field any more:

upload_2014-9-1_23-39-8.webp

It hasn't had an MSN field since XF 1.1.x.

I seem to recall some of them are still more popular than you'd expect in certain regions of the world.

The thing with the MSN/Windows Live one, though, is that it pretty much applied to what used to be known as MSN Messenger. Windows Live Messenger is being shut off completely from October 31st and it began to be phased out nearly two years ago in favour of Skype.

So, in that context, Skype has replaced that custom field. Bear in mind you can add, update or delete any of the custom fields that are in the software by default.

Indeed, but what Mike is saying is that XenForo doesn't install a Windows/Microsoft custom field any more:

View attachment 82576

It hasn't had an MSN field since XF 1.1.x.
Ah ok. My bad. I had just seen it listed here.

I haven't used or seen those fields being used all that often.

Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Google+ would seem like good enough defaults at this current time.

Top Bottom