1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Identities Changes - "Windows Live" to "Microsoft"

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Pereira, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Chris D likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

MSN/Windows Live isn't actually a standard entry (any more?).

I would say that Gtalk is different from Google+, at least in terms of how it's exposed, though I have to admit that I've not really used much of the "standard" interface into them. (I've only ever used Gtalk via XMPP or via Hangouts on Android. Of course, that does lead into Gtalk simply pointing you to Hangouts on Google.)
  3. Pereira

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Indeed, but what Mike is saying is that XenForo doesn't install a Windows/Microsoft custom field any more:

It hasn't had an MSN field since XF 1.1.x.
    Pereira likes this.
  5. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Who even uses ICQ? AIM isn't really popular as of 2014 either tbh.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I seem to recall some of them are still more popular than you'd expect in certain regions of the world.

The thing with the MSN/Windows Live one, though, is that it pretty much applied to what used to be known as MSN Messenger. Windows Live Messenger is being shut off completely from October 31st and it began to be phased out nearly two years ago in favour of Skype.

So, in that context, Skype has replaced that custom field. Bear in mind you can add, update or delete any of the custom fields that are in the software by default.
  7. Pereira

Ah ok. My bad. I had just seen it listed here.

I haven't used or seen those fields being used all that often.

Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Google+ would seem like good enough defaults at this current time.
    Robust likes this.