XF 1.4 Ideas on how to troubleshoot paypal issue?

kontrabass

I've processed user upgrade payments for months with no issues. This past week though we've had multiple help reports from users unable to pay us. The only message they get from paypal is:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
Does anyone have experience with this error, or any ideas on how to troubleshoot? PayPal's telling the users that it's a "merchant site problem" :confused: We are running XF 1.4.6

Just to confirm IPNs is enabled on a business/premier account?

Also, I've had similar issues on Android when adding a new bank card to a brand new account, because it is a new account it stops it working sometimes to ensure it is not fraud and works a few days later.

Just to confirm IPNs is enabled on a business/premier account?

Also, I've had similar issues on Android when adding a new bank card to a brand new account, because it is a new account it stops it working sometimes to ensure it is not fraud and works a few days later.

Yes, IPN enabled and callback URL set. Mostly it's still working fine, it's just handful of users that get that same error. Weird.

If it works then it is most likely the other issue I mentioned. If it is a new account and a new card added to it then sometimes it happens or I've also had it happen on a new bank card on a long standing account.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on it, sorry.

If it works then it is most likely the other issue I mentioned. If it is a new account and a new card added to it then sometimes it happens or I've also had it happen on a new bank card on a long standing account.

Perhaps someone else can shed some light on it, sorry.

Thanks for the help :) I'll ask some questions of the users, I bet you're right. Leave it up to PayPal to give users a nonsense error message, and tell users that it's OUR problem. Lol. Might look into using xfrock's Stripe plugin again.

Top Bottom