-If you do not create a character to role play with, you can not doing anything on the site. Admins and Super Moderators are not exempt from this.
- Once I am satisfied that there are no major issues with the character generator (especially with class and racial stats), you'll be able to level-up your character, and pick-pocket other members characters, etc.
- If a character dies, the member can not do anything on the forum with the exception of visiting a temple to get resurrected (if they have enough gold). Admins and Super Moderators can restore a members character to full health, kill it, take away earned experience and gold, or award experience and gold.
- Experience and gold is awarded when submitting a post. The algorithm used is not based on post length, but rather on post quality (my version of it), and a modifier is applied based on if the forum is in character only, out of character only, or both (welcome forum for example).
- When a member posts, an encounter may be triggered. The creature level is based by D&D rules, to be sure it is appropriate for a members character level. I have the encounter set to one round for now, and I may increase this later. Characters may take damage from the encounter, become poisoned, diseased, get gibbered, etc.
- Inventory management is drag and drop (HTML 5), and to read the items description is done with jquery (a fixed-in-place and modified version of the previewTooltip function).
The style is responsive (I know it needs more work), and needs to be optimized and images cached, but that is low on my to-do list. Below is two screen shots of a characters record, asyou won't be able to see them on the site. I took those on my dev site as I haven't created a character yet on my soon-to-be live site, linked here: Icewind Dale RP