Icewind Conversation Tools [Deleted]

Excellent Add-on. 2 Suggestions

1. When i search for "user conversation" "words containing", there is no delete button/prune button
search_by_title_results.webp

2. Maybe a link to see "recent conversations"
prune_conversations.webp

great add-on! thanks

When I perform a Find User Conversations using the Title Contains feature and then delete a conversation using the red 'X', the display resets and all the other conversations your product had found disappear! I have to perform the search again, in order to display the list of all the other conversations for a given keyword. Is that behavior normal?

If so, NOW I understand why folks are asking for a Delete/Prune Button when employing the Title Contains feature of your add-on. We recently migrated from vB to XF and have a lot of out-dated conversations (i.e. with incorrect links, wrong references, etc) that were imported which I am trying to get rid of.

...I know a couple users of this add-on requested to batch delete by User or by keyword in the PC Title. This is something I have noted to add as a future feature, and will add when I finally get my forum online.
Is there any schedule for adding this feature at present?

Hello, could you please explain what happens to conversations which is satisfy to ’Days since last message to retain conversations, this includes conversations they did not start‘?

Is there any schedule for adding this feature at present?

Not at this time. Currently, all my spare time is dedicated to my custom add-on for my rpg site (which I'm close to rolling out a major update, yay).

Hello, could you please explain what happens to conversations which is satisfy to ’Days since last message to retain conversations, this includes conversations they did not start‘?

Any conversation a member has in their inbox that had not been replied to for x amount of days, they will be removed from. For example, if you chose to set the option for 7 days, and conversation that did not have a reply for 7 days will be removed.

@Lawrence how hard would it be to allow users to check or star the messages (like gmail) they want to keep and have all the rest get pruned based on ( not been replied to for x amount of days)?

I installed this addon for the ability to automate conversation pruning from the database for getting rid if the old and very dated conversations that persist in old accounts etc.

I am hesitant to use this though without the ability of members to select which conversations they want to keep no matter how old.

Suggestion for improvement:

1. Prevent any automated pruning when a member has starred a conversation, with exception of admin action already built in place in this addon. Using the star convo feature build in.

Last edited:
The reasons this add-on was created was to remove zero replied to conversations caused by imports from other forum software and to help find spam content. It does what it advertises, :) I may update this add-on for XF 2.0 series and if I do I'll put the starred check in, but doubt I will for the 1.x line.

The reasons this add-on was created was to remove zero replied to conversations caused by imports from other forum software and to help find spam content. It does what it advertises, :) I may update this add-on for XF 2.0 series and if I do I'll put the starred check in, but doubt I will for the 1.x line.
How about an inbox limit as well? Please.

For started conversations, or all conversations?
All conversations.

It's basically this suggestion:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/inbox-limit-size.96950/

(which you have participated in)

and here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/limiting-the-number-of-private-conversations.6648/

People can do this with Conversation Essentials, but it's an expensive addon (with an annual renewal) due to all the other features that many people don't want.

I don't mind mind paying, but not that much as this is only a teeny part of that addon.

Top Bottom