Icewind Conversation Tools [Deleted]

Thank you for this it is working well in the test I have been running.

I have imported a lot of PM from vb3.8 and the pruning is working but I tested searching for a conversation and if I click on a new one it works but if I click on an old vb-imported I get this error:
Code:
Server Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Icewind/ConversationTools/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 144
    Icewind_ConversationTools_ControllerAdmin_User->actionViewConversation() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/httpd/name/domain.com/dir/admin.php at line 13

Not a big thing, if I search for conversations in the future I will probably only be interested in xenforo created ones.
same problem here,,waiting for update ;)

same problem here,,waiting for update ;)

I believe I have this fixed (just not proven, as I do not have a vBulletin DB to import from) and I also have the compatibility issue with Conversation Essentials fixed. I didn't release it for two reasons: one, there seems to be very little interest in this add-on so it went to the bottom of my list, and second, pretty busy with another add-on to look at adding in another suggestion or two listed above.

I'll package this up and release a maintenance fix, hopefully today, or by tomorrow.

Error while trying to see the correspondence

Server Error

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/User.php at line 40
  2. Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_User->prepareUserTitle() in Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/Conversation.php at line 135
  3. Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_Conversation->prepareMessages() in Icewind/ConversationTools/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 154
  4. Icewind_ConversationTools_ControllerAdmin_User->actionViewConversation() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/d/******/******/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Error while trying to see the correspondence

Server Error

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/User.php at line 40
  2. Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_User->prepareUserTitle() in Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/Conversation.php at line 135
  3. Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_Conversation->prepareMessages() in Icewind/ConversationTools/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 154
  4. Icewind_ConversationTools_ControllerAdmin_User->actionViewConversation() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/d/******/******/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Good find, fixed for the next release. The data registry key for titles was changed in XF 1.4; however the old key was still in the data registry so anyone who used this add-on before updating to XF 1.4 would never encounter the error you posted after upgrading to 1.4.

Here is the fix if you do not mind editing a file (it'll make this add-on compatible with XF 1.4 and lower):

In Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/User.php, find:
PHP:
        foreach ($this->_getDataRegistryModel()->get('trophyUserTitles') AS $points => $title)
        {
            if ($user['trophy_points'] >= $points)
            {
                return $title;
            }
        }

and replace with:
PHP:
        if (!$userTitles = $this->_getDataRegistryModel()->get('userTitleLadder'))
        {
            // compatible with XF version less than 1.4
            $userTitles = $this->_getDataRegistryModel()->get('trophyUserTitles');
        }

foreach ($userTitles AS $points => $title)
        {
            if ($user['trophy_points'] >= $points)
            {
                return $title;
            }
        }

I'm on XF 1.4.

ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/User.php:40

#0 /(..)/library/Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/User.php(40): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/(...)...', 40, Array)
#1 /(..)/library/Icewind/ConversationTools/Model/Conversation.php(135): Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_User->prepareUserTitle(Array)
#2 /(..)/library/Icewind/ConversationTools/ControllerAdmin/User.php(157): Icewind_ConversationTools_Model_Conversation->prepareMessages(Array)
#3 /(..)/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Icewind_ConversationTools_ControllerAdmin_User->actionViewConversation()
#4 /(..)/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /(..)/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(100) "http://(...)/admin.php?iwd-user-conversations/yadayada.7905507/view-conversation"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["iwd-user-conversations/yadayada_7905507/view-conversation"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Lawrence can you add an option for "Can't create conversation before X posts." ?

Hi, I'll be looking at adding more options when I finish with my current project.

The conversation prune functionality is sorely needed
I'm not sure if you are saying the pruning options that are included with this add-on was surely needed, or if you are asking for another pruning option that I may have missed elsewhere (I know one was asked for to allow admins to select a group of PC's to delete at once when you search for PC's by member name).

@Lawrence the new version fixed the error. (y)
Thanks for letting me know, :)

Hi @Lawrence

We want to use your AddOn to eliminate 50,000 MP which we import from vBulletin, these MP's are welcome from users. To find them we use the search function by title of the AddOn but did not find how to remove these MP's in batches. Is this possible?

Regards, Luis.

Hi @Lawrence

We want to use your AddOn to eliminate 50,000 MP which we import from vBulletin, these MP's are welcome from users. To find them we use the search function by title of the AddOn but did not find how to remove these MP's in batches. Is this possible?

Regards, Luis.

As of now, the only way to batch delete PC's from the ACP with the add-on is by No Replies, or by Last Reply date.

With the above said, I know a couple users of this add-on requested to batch delete by User or by keyword in the PC Title. This is something I have noted to add as a future feature, and will add when I finally get my forum online.

Hi there,

Just seen a reply in another thread and you linked this. I wanted to ask if it will conflict with Conversation Essentials before I installed it?

Thanks

Hi there,

Just seen a reply in another thread and you linked this. I wanted to ask if it will conflict with Conversation Essentials before I installed it?

Thanks

There was an issue before, and I believe I resolved that as no one reported a conflict since. Be sure to follow the readme for setting up the limits.

Top Bottom