IB SOLD

Despite what we have as opinion about what might or might not be, the fact is I have a site now, and I want a modern solution now, and I want to put my trust in a team that knows what they are doing, now.

Time will tell how vB as a product continues in the future. But that won't help my site now.

I wish them all the best of luck, despite what my opinion is.

Despite what we have as opinion about what might or might not be, the fact is I have a site now, and I want a modern solution now, and I want to put my trust in a team that knows what they are doing, now.

Time will tell how vB as a product continues in the future. But that won't help my site now.

Very well said Floris.

1) IB has not been SOLD, they agreed to be acquired by merger which is rather different

A ‘merger’ is often basically a take-over in all but name.

A classic example was the ‘merger’ of Sky T.V. and British Satellite Broadcasting (BSB) some years ago to formed British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB), as anyone in the UK knows it was basically a Sky take-over.

All former BSB channels were closed or re-branded as Sky, former BSB offices were closed and their Satellite sold, the BSkyB bit only appears in small print on their contracts; it’s Sky all the way. I remember reading that on the day of the ‘merger’ Rupert Murdoch walked into the BSB Head Office and started ripping down the no smoking signs, just to make sure everything understood who was in charge.

However, your second point is most interesting.

Amen to that.

A ‘merger’ is often basically a take-over in all but name.

A classic example was the ‘merger’ of Sky T.V. and British Satellite Broadcasting (BSB) some years ago to formed British Sky Broadcasting (BSkyB), as anyone in the UK knows it was basically a Sky take-over.

All former BSB channels were closed or re-branded as Sky, former BSB offices were closed and their Satellite sold, the BSkyB bit only appears in small print on their contracts; it’s Sky all the way. I remember reading that on the day of the ‘merger’ Rupert Murdoch walked into the BSB Head Office and started ripping down the no smoking signs, just to make sure everything understood who was in charge.

However, your second point is most interesting.

Indeed but not in all cases, mergers can be mutually benificial as can de- mergers at a later date, who knows what machinations are actually taking place behind the scenes. This may well bode well for the future of IB if there are some drastic changes in operation and management style, it could be that this will be a very good thing for IB and its many interests including vBulletin just as much as it could be very bad.

Time will tell.

Guys its useless speculating. Even the vB staff wont have a clue whats going to happen...they are just low-level employees to the board (no offence) and thus have zero input on such 'high-level' deals.

We can all post our 'facts' as to what will or wont happen....its still not going to tell us anything. At the end of the day, not a single person here has any idea what will happen. So sit back and wait! ;)

Maybe the new entry is interested in a medium-long time ROI; than they will invest a lot on vb & so on.

It's highly unlikely that the investor bought IP because of the forum software, he bought it because of the sites/ad network. In this case the forum software company will be the same as for IB - a stepchild.

I still don't understand.
Why do IP bought vbulletin if they didn't had plans for it? I know, maybe the price was so low that they didn't cared, as they where acquiring everything possible.

I still don't understand.
Why do IB bought vbulletin if they didn't had plans for it? I know, maybe the price was so low that they didn't cared, as they where acquiring everything possible.
More control over the software. It's used on many sites they bought. And of course the chance to make even more money out of it. It's all about money and power with these big corporations.

Top Bottom