XF 1.2 I want only mods to be able to create poll's.

You would need to edit the thread_create template and comment out the code.
Or wrap it in a conditional statement for the user group IDs you want to be able to use it.

To comment out a section of code in a template you use the following two commands:

<xen:comment>

code

</xen:comment>

This is the section of code you want to comment out:

Code:
	<h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase post_poll}</h3>
	<dl class="ctrlUnit">
		<dt><label for="ctrl_poll_question">{xen:phrase question}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" name="poll[question]" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_poll_question" maxlength="100" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl class="ctrlUnit">
		<dt>{xen:phrase possible_responses}:</dt>
		<dd>
			<ul class="PollResponseContainer">
				<xen:foreach loop="$pollExtraArray" value="$null">
					<li class="PollNonJsInput"><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
				</xen:foreach>
				<li><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
				<li><input type="text" name="poll[responses][]" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase poll_choice}..." maxlength="100" /></li>
			</ul>
			<input type="button" value="{xen:phrase add_additional_response}" class="button smallButton FieldAdder JsOnly" data-source="ul.PollResponseContainer li" data-maxfields="{$xenOptions.pollMaximumResponses}" />
		</dd>
	</dl>

<!-- slot: after_poll_responses -->
	<dl class="ctrlUnit">
		<dt></dt>
		<dd>
			<ul>
				<li><label for="ctrl_poll_multiple"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[multiple]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_multiple" /> {xen:phrase allow_selection_of_multiple_responses}</label></li>
				<li><label for="ctrl_poll_public_votes"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[public_votes]" value="1" id="ctrl_poll_public_votes" /> {xen:phrase display_votes_publicly}</label></li>
				<li><label for="ctrl_poll_close"><input type="checkbox" name="poll[close]" value="1" class="Disabler" id="ctrl_poll_close" /> {xen:phrase close_this_poll_after}:</label>
					<ul id="ctrl_poll_close_Disabler">
						<li>
							<input type="text" size="5" name="poll[close_length]" value="7" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
							<select name="poll[close_units]" class="textCtrl autoSize">
								<option value="hours">{xen:phrase hours}</option>
								<option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
								<option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>
								<option value="months">{xen:phrase months}</option>
							</select>
						</li>
					</ul>
				</li>
			</ul>
		</dd>
	</dl>

Evening all,
thanks to all that have helped so far!

I used the method set out bu AndyB yesterday and it did the job, but i like the look of the method that arms has pointed to!
will that do what I asked in the first place?

anyway here is my problem:

b8ai.jpg

as you can see in the picture I have 2 create thread and preview buttons! how do I remove the bottom two and also the bit i have highlighted can we remove those options also?

thanks

Lee,

You need to create a new thread for each question. Make sure your thread title explains clearly what you need help with. Also be sure to use Google or the search here to find answers to questions you may have.

Top Bottom