i want ask is XenForo 2.0.0 is ready for update

i just want design new style for my site and i want this style work with XF 2.0
i don't want design style for XF 1.5 and then upgrade it to XF 2.0

Just be patient. It's not going to be very far off. I've seen somewhere on here they plan to release it this year. Until then just try your best to be patient.

If all you are wanting to do is get a head start on getting your own style done then simply grab the developers preview - it is still available for licensed users to download
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 2.03.47 AM.webp
and install it in a test instance that is not publicly available (since the content won't be able to be upgraded to the BETA/RELEASE version) and then work on your custom style there. It should pretty much carry across when the actual BETA/RELEASE version comes out.

So you will be able to easily upgrade from the current version to 2.0? Getting ready to start a new forum dont know whether to move forward with the 1.x or wait till 2.0

If you mean the 1.X line that is currently released.. then yes, it has been stated that it is upgradable just like you do with the current versions - but it DOES take a bit longer due to changes.
The issue will be with add-ons. If you are dependent on any particular ones, you will have to wait until they have been upgraded to 2.x compatibility.
If you are referring to the Developer Preview than no.

Won't someone think of the FAQ?
We need to set you up with a bot that automatically replies to posts with certain keywords with a link to the FAQ, should save you hours :p
it involves reading/searching/research, so in other words - they are useless. :eek:
MUCH easier to keep asking the same question as it's quicker than taking the time to do one of the 3 listed items above. :whistle:
Sometimes I think it'd be best to implement something like what I do on my site (although less strict and more informative) :

notice.webp

It could be a bunch of links like in Brogan's signature in case they actually missed Brogan's signature ;)

Last edited:
Make sure that all the media codes are built in so that we don't have to stuff our site up trying to put them in ourselves. Everyone loves embedding stuff from all social media sites.

Top Bottom