I have just started having IPN warnings in my emails from Paypal

LDW

None of my users that were to but upgraded have been done this year. The payments go through paypal but the upgrades dont happen. I get the following email and errors in Xenforo.

Hello XXXXXX,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.XXXXXX.com/payment_callback.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Also:

I also have errors in Xenforo.

This is odd because all I have done is upgrade Xenforo from 1.2.x through the upgrades. It stopped working a month ago. Paypal is good. IPN is setup with above link in place.

Please help.

Action:
Error: Invalid business or receiver_email
User:
Unknown Account
Only log entries that involve a successful payment will be attached to a user and user upgrade.

Upgrade:
Unknown Upgrade
Date:
Mar 6, 2014

Right, that's saying that the email you've entered in the XF payment configuration is not the email receiving the payment. You need to make sure that the email is one of the values from "business" or "receiver_email" when you view the transaction details.

ok well I have 2 paypal account and one in a child and parent. My child account is tied to this issue. Then the money is sent to the parent account. Been working well for a year. now stopped

It's possible that PayPal changed how it's reporting. We have to verify who received the money (as per PayPal's recommendations), or it's possible to abuse the system to get an upgrade but not actually pay you. The email listed in the transaction log is what PayPal is giving, so provided it is indeed your email, you'd need to make the PayPal email configuration in the user upgrades be the same.

It doesn't matter if IPNs are setup on that account -- they just need to be enabled in PayPal (which forces you to enter a URL). XF sets the URL the IPN comes back to when a request goes through.

In my experience, PayPal always send subscription payment notice to the parent email address (not the child address that was used to initiate the subscription). So you should revert back to use the parent address in XenForo.

yes that is ok. BUT I already have an IPN setup in the parent address for my other business. I cant set 2 in paypal. The callback.php address???

As I was trying to say in my previous message, the URL entered there doesn't matter to XenForo -- every request we send includes the correct URL and PayPal will call back to that. The URL specified in PayPal is the default URL, but we're effectively overriding it. The problem is that if you don't enable IPNs in PayPal, it will never send a request to notify us that the payment has gone through.

So provided you have enabled IPNs in PayPal, it doesn't matter the URL entered. The requests should still come to the correct place when an account is purchased. (The fact that it's calling back to your URL right now shows this -- it's calling back with the account listed as the business/receiver_email.)

Top Bottom