XF 2.1 I don't receive my emails

ratix_gunz

Hello,

Since I installed XF 2.1.8, I haven't received my emails. On the other hand, the members manage to receive their emails because I see that their account is validated after registration.

Using 2FA, it annoys me a little when I change my device not to receive the verification email.

I tried to redo a new installation on a private sub domain and unfortunately I have the same problem: I do not receive emails. In 2.1.7
everything worked fine but nothing.

What should I do?

Have you checked to see if the emails are going into your spam folder?
Basically, I receive my emails from my site in the spam folder, but since then I have received nothing.

Have you checked spam?

How are you sending the emails?
Basically, I receive my emails from my site in the spam folder. I use send by default.

After doing a test. I changed the sending email address and it's the same: I don't receive anything.
I tried with another email address and it's the same.
I tried to send an email to test with @gmail, @Outlook and my own domain but I don't get anything. On the other hand, users manage to receive emails.

But that should be the same restriction with the default mail option. Maybe that's why you don't receive emails at times.
It is not possible to have a default restriction because we can put an invented email address, it will always be sent. What also I do not use SMTP is that XenForo does not know how to handle errors. In SMTP, when I send an email, I receive it correctly, however, it sends a server error saying that it was not sent and received.
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to xxxxxx@gmail.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 5.7.0 Mail quota exceeded for noreply@xxxx.com: You have exceeded the limit of 200 messages per hour and per account. Please, re-try later. "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:383

because we can put an invented email address, it will always be sent

Which is probably part of the problem - your email provider is most likely blocking emails sent from your server because it thinks they are dodgy.

Email deliverability is quite difficult these days as many email providers are becoming extremely strict on mail quality and mail sender reputation.

Which is probably part of the problem - your email provider is most likely blocking emails sent from your server because it thinks they are dodgy.

Email deliverability is quite difficult these days as many email providers are becoming extremely strict on mail quality and mail sender reputation.
It is solved: there was a problem on the SMTP server.

Thank you very much for your help and patience

Top Bottom