I am going to EXPLODE!!!

trilogy33

4pm GMT, my site goes down again, same thing occured yesterday.
Contacted site5 chat support, MySQL troubles on the server (again).
Now I find my entire DB is trashed.
GREAT! :( :( :(

To my knowledge Site5 has rolling customer backups, ask them to restore to the one from a day or so ago?
Or perhaps your own manual backup that you have offsite?

After you got your files and database, MOVE ..

Go to a new host, get a start up VPS, restore the data and setup proper automated cron backups, including one that goes offsite.

Obviously, you need a new host. But besides that, I'm sorry for your trouble.
Have you lost your entire site? Any backups?

EDIT: Yeah what he ^ said.

on chat now to support! ha lol
mad.png

:( :( :(

Support2: [12:24:50 PM] Hello! Welcome to the Site5 Technical Support Live Chat! How may I help you?
Me: [12:24:50 PM] Please check site after outage, my MySQL is trashed
Support2: [12:26:39 PM] Hello, I will be happy to assist you
[12:26:49 PM] How is your mysql trashed?
Me: [12:27:13 PM] C/p follows................
[12:27:15 PM] Chat Content:
Support1: [11:35:52 AM] Hello! Welcome to the Site5 Technical Support Live Chat! How may I help you?
Me: [11:35:52 AM] site outage again..............................!
Support1: [11:36:01 AM] hello Chris. My name is Mihcael
Me: [11:36:36 AM] Hi Mike. I'm back, at about the same time as yesterday. riverthames is acting up again.
[11:37:34 AM] There are a mere 30 domains on: 83.222.240.200, if this cannot deal with the teeny traffic - there's not a lot of point in me staying with site5
[11:37:53 AM] 4pm again GMT and my site is down
Support1: [11:38:03 AM] Should be able to handle it nicely.. Let me take a look here..
Me: [11:38:52 AM] ping is fine, SSH impossible
Support1: [11:40:08 AM] You aren't the only one with the issue.. Just a moment..
Me: [11:40:41 AM] if one account is pulling the excess traffic or their scripts are running up the CPU hot, they're making you look bad, and you're not (site5 have been recommended to me)
Michael Phelps: [11:41:00 AM] Ok MySQL Services are having an issue at the moment.. our Admins are working on it...
Me: [11:47:41 AM] I suspect I'll take another month, on a month by month basis after the free trial, but it doesn't bear well. Can I expect to be shifted to a quieter server? I've had UK2.net before, with three times as many domains hosted down at Telecoms House/Canary Wharf. For a few pence more a month...I'm trying hard to find a reason to stay.
Support1: [11:49:04 AM] Well, I'm not sure what the issue is, but ive brought this to our Administrators attention, as it DOES seem to be an ongoing issue with the server.
Me: [11:49:11 AM] Yup
[11:49:49 AM] If MySQL is breaking ervery day at a certain time, someone is running a bad CRON or bad script. You'll lose everyone else due to one troublemaker.
Support1: [11:50:33 AM] I understand that, and they most certinaly will Invesitgate the issue
Me: [11:52:12 AM] Thank you Michael, sorry to spout off, but this is just ... frustrating, esp. when trying to build a forum.
Support1: [11:53:10 AM] I do completely understand that
Me: [11:55:06 AM] Thank you. Let's see what tomorrow brings. And thanks again for your help.
Support1: [11:55:22 AM] Very well, then. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future. Thank you for contacting Site5 and have a wonderful day.
[12:27:26 PM] This is not funny!
Support2: [12:27:37 PM] one moment please

If this is their idea of a 30 day trial destined to give prospective customers a good show, this is atrocious!

Site maintenance followed by a 4 hour DDOS two days ago, then the next day (yesterday) a huge amount of traffic resulting in a troublemakers IP being banned. All on one teeny 30 domain strong server IP address.
MySQL screw up today, Disk0 maxed out. Just ludicrus!!!

I'm shaking with fury!
I've had 4 years on non-stop perfectness with UK2 down at Docklands, London. On a shared server costing a few pence more per month.Excellent, never any worries.
Oh my I'm so upset
redface.png

I'm normally quite restrained and keep my gob shut and carry on regardless not blaming anything or anyone, or dissing ANY company but this is just bad bad bad bad
I've not long done some content building for the site...didn't think I'd need to backup this flaming quickly in the event of their server falling over

I'll strip it soon when I've got bl**dy access to the FTP. Keep the XF licence, it's excellent software and delve into these boards here from time to time and say hi.
But, it's just fate I guess ... not to launch.

Get your stuff from them and MOVE, like Floris said.
To my knowledge Site5 has rolling customer backups, ask them to restore to the one from a day or so ago?
Or perhaps your own manual backup that you have offsite?

After you got your files and database, MOVE ..

Go to a new host, get a start up VPS, restore the data and setup proper automated cron backups, including one that goes offsite.

Thanks guys, much much appreciated. You guys on here are awesome.

Fed up, so I'll end up by parking the domain and letting some time pass before anything else.
Thoughout the launch, my head kept telling me something about not informing more people in the Mazda MX-5 membership and to drip feed a few friends first, to test the water and so on. Slowly, slowly building content as I went along.
It seems like that was a good idea. Because at this rate, I'm only going to look partially stupid.
Heh, past caring.
mad.png

Get your domain at namecheap, so you are in control where the IN A records point to.
Then get a host somewhere and ask them for the IP they're giving you for the domain, and update the dns records at namecheap.

upload the site, BOOM badabing
you're online

Thanks Floris. Already with namecheap (on your recommendation as it happens, they're good) :)
At least I'm slightly smiling / calming now.
After this morning's work at collating archived content and stuff, I'm peaked out to be honest.
I'll keep an eye on XF developments and run a copy localhost, play with it.

badabing! lol thanks matey :D

They actually know what they are doing, when you do have a problem they answer tickets fast and solve the problem, I was running two vB sites for years on their multi-domain plan.

Top Bottom