http://xenforo.com/community/ very slow and seems to load several times

Not to be funny or anything but how much ram do you have? even if chrome/firefox used 8gb of my ram I wouldn't care as long as it worked (And! wasn't a leek)
When developing anything the goal isn't so much how much resources can I use, but rather how much resources can I save? ;)

1. 8 GB
  2. 16 GB
  3. 32 GB
  4. 64 GB
  5. 128 GB (server)
Which computer do you want me to compare? :p
The idea is to still make Firefox use the least amount of Ram and CPU

edit: To answer the PM I got... 128 is a server. I don't think end user desktops go that far yet.

When developing anything the goal isn't so much how much resources can I use, but rather how much resources can I save? ;)

1. 8 GB
  2. 16 GB
  3. 32 GB
  4. 64 GB
  5. 128 GB
Which computer do you want me to compare? :p
The idea is to still make Firefox use the least amount of Ram and CPU

You kind of missed the key qualifier there. Least resources whilst still maintaining performance ;-)

Still don't make it better than the others :D anyway abit of topic here :3
Others?

Internet Explorer - Built in and integrated into explorer. Let's not even try to debate the security concerns.

IE 10 is so "controlled" by Microsoft that you can't control what version of Flash you use (Windows 8). Which is interesting in that it is concerning... Adobe releases a security update and you can't apply it, because you have to wait for Microsoft to distribute it. And if you're a developer, forget using any beta copies.

Chrome - Will slowly eat resources the longer you leave your browser open. Which isn't a problem if you're not working out of it.

Opera - The closest you can get to having an IE experience without using IE. A little slower on development. Overall, can't complain.

Others?

Internet Explorer - Built in and integrated into explorer. Let's not even try to debate the security concerns.

IE 10 is so "controlled" by Microsoft that you can't control what version of Flash you use (Windows 8). Which is interesting in that it is concerning... Adobe releases a security update and you can't apply it, because you have to wait for Microsoft to distribute it. And if you're a developer, forget using any beta copies.

Chrome - Will slowly eat resources the longer you leave your browser open. Which isn't a problem if you're not working out of it.

Opera - The closest you can get to having an IE experience without using IE. A little slower on development. Overall, can't complain.

braveheart_freedom.jpg

Freedom to use what we like :) I'll still with chrome as it's the best for me.

I had an issue for the last two days where my bookmark which ends in /community would result in a blank page (white). Now it is back to redirecting to /community/ and all is well.

Firefox with Adblock plus, based in the UK, no speed issues here
Takes about 1-1.5 seconds to load each page.

Top Bottom