Howdy Folks

Big Dan

Hi Guys,

Not sure if there is an introduction thread around here but wanted to say hello. I've been a member here for quite some time and see a few familiar faces. Of course, my name is Dan. I'm a 27 year old webmaster from New York. Old school vBulletin admin here I've been running vB on my sites since 3.5. vB 4 is a bloated crap shoot hence my move to XF.

Yesterday, I bought my first XF license and ran a test install. It's so slick I may actually enjoy administrative tasks now. :) I'm running a test import from my primary vBulletin 4 board as I write. My plan is to convert to my DJ board to XF by March.

Since I'm a noob you'll likely see some DUH! questions from me in the near future but so far I feel very at home in XF's admin CP. So far, XF's documentation is very through and I'm a happy customer.

Eventually I'd like to buy a couple more XF licenses for use on upcoming boards that are currently running vB 3.8.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning as much as possible about XF.

-Dan

Welcome to XenForo, I am sure you and your members will enjoy the forum experience while using XenForo.

Everyone has those "DUH!" questions, even I had/have them :) But feel free to ask your questions/doubts. The community is really friendly around here.

Hi Dan, familiar name that i've seen at various forums over the past few years. Im in the same boat as you, just installed a test xenforo and am now planning the huge task of moving my site over....don't see it happening for a good 6 months though as I have 2 major features that xenforo cant accomplish for me unfortunately!

It is nearly impossible to beat the BroBot :eek: I did it only once...once!
It's actually amazing. Kier and Mike made him really think he's human.

Gentlemen please!

Sir Knight Brogan is the essence of humanity at its best.
Generous, kindly, loyal, unstinting, yet firm and protective against abuses.
A Guardian and Counsellor beyond peer.

It's the firmness .. and that chin, and that secret hint of a smile at the corners of the mouth .... so kind, oh so kind .... such a perfect gentleman.

[ fanning pink face vigorously with large peacock feather fan]

Top Bottom