How was your day?

Fred Sherman

Mine was damned near disastrous.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thats spring in North Texas. I am the narrator and camera man.

The first tornado in the video, the large one, tore through the edge our our city and into the heart of the next one over. We lost some homes, but they were declared a disaster area this evening. At its closest point, the large one was 1/2 a mile down the street, but hadn't yet touched down. I lost some siding and the hail broke three windows, but that was all the damage I personally had to deal with.

It must have been pretty scary. Do you get many Tornadoes in your area? I couldn't imagine having to cope with such destruction shown below.

mfiddr3ubd292sny2df.jpg

drm14e7w4r516dpas4h.jpg

gmsd2hwhx8k435wpqg8.jpg

That's bad, glad we don't get anything like that over here in UK. Although, last night at around 2am it was blowing gale force winds, it woke me up.

That's bad, glad we don't get anything like that over here in UK. Although, last night at around 2am it was blowing gale force winds, it woke me up.

We do tho - we had one in Birmingham around 5 years ago - completely trashed one street!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Birmingham_tornado

While the United Kingdom has more reported tornadoes, relative to its land area, than any other country excluding the Netherlands, the vast majority are weak.

Glad to hear you're all safe there tho Fred :)

Since this site is based in the UK I have a question. Is the word bloody a curse word that isn't allowed here?

I'm an American and I've been known to use the phrase "bloody hell" quite liberally. My use of colorful language is the only thing about me that is liberal!

It must have been pretty scary. Do you get many Tornadoes in your area? I couldn't imagine having to cope with such destruction shown below.

gmsd2hwhx8k435wpqg8.jpg
This picture was taken about half a mile east of me in Forney, TX. The subdivision was build by the same builder that did mine. You can probably see many of the same architectural elements.

We get them every year. Its part of spring in North Texas.

IMG_0003_2.webp

This one was 17 months ago from pretty much the same location as the video. Its just part of living where we do.

Attachments

• IMG_0001_3.webp
    IMG_0001_3.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom