How to use Xenforo in Classroom?

Hello

I am a teacher at a university in China. I will be teaching an internet marketing course. I want to use my Xenforo for the class forum. Students will have their own blogs and will be graded on how active and helpful they are in the forums, such as making comments on blogs, liking, etc.

I also will have the students work in teams. I am looking for a way the team members can evaluate or rank, comment, grade each other and remain anonymous to each other. This should remove some inhibitions to give a poor but accurate ranking to a team member who is not performing.

Which add-ons will be best for my needs?

I have found the following add-ons which may work. Can they all be used together? Are there better add-ons?

1. Credits
2. Like Limits Pro (to prevent students from making useless comments and likes just to earn points)
3. Xen Trader
4. Post Ratings
5. Article Comment System

Dustin

Hello

I am a teacher at a university in China. I will be teaching an internet marketing course. I want to use my Xenforo for the class forum. Students will have their own blogs and will be graded on how active and helpful they are in the forums, such as making comments on blogs, liking, etc.

I also will have the students work in teams. I am looking for a way the team members can evaluate or rank, comment, grade each other and remain anonymous to each other. This should remove some inhibitions to give a poor but accurate ranking to a team member who is not performing.

Which add-ons will be best for my needs?

I have found the following add-ons which may work. Can they all be used together? Are there better add-ons?

1. Credits
2. Like Limits Pro (to prevent students from making useless comments and likes just to earn points)
3. Xen Trader
4. Post Ratings
5. Article Comment System

Dustin
1. Last time i checked when updates happen using the credit system resulted in your credits resetting. There's recently been an update so there might be a fix though it's really worth checking and asking others if they are still experiencing issues.
2. Not sure what your referring to I'll leave that for someone else to answer.
3. Haven't used this add-on I'll leave that for someone else to answer.
4. Post Ratings is an excellent add-on. It's stable and the criteria you can set is limitless.
5. Haven't used this add-on I'll leave that for someone else to answer.

You could also use the BD award system add-on for students to chieve goals, look at it as a motivator where you set criteria and once that goal is met you award them.

I have an idea. I want to put my students in teams, just like as if they were in a business team starting a business. There will be an investor, entrepreneur, marketer/sales, logistics, accounting, etc.

Each investor will be giving 1000 currency points. They will need to decide how much to pay each employee and how to award or punish (give or take points) based on performance. Each employee can use their points to award or punish service providers in the team or from other teams in the class.

When people are active on the forums they also earn points.

Does this sound possible using any of the current add-ons?

Dustin

Top Bottom