How to upload to server

Trombones13

I'm sorry for how ignorant this post will be, haha.

I recently downloaded the free version of the Zend server to use for my XenForo copy. I'd like to use it to test stuff (though I don't know if it matters whether or not it's local...does it?), and I downloaded and extracted the XenForo folder. ...Now I'm stuck. :( Where do I go from here to install my forum?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can offer...I just don't know what I'm doing with this part! :(

*sigh* Well, I was hoping not to have to ask this so I might look like somewhat less of an imbecile:

How exactly do I start it? :oops:
I'm not sure, as I don't use Zend Server. Try looking under the start menu for an entry that says something like "Start Zend Server" or something similar. Or perhaps look for a tray icon. You should be able to find more complete instructions on Zend's site. :)

Okey-doke; I'll be waiting. :)

p.s. I got to the Zend Controller, but there didn't seem to be anything in it that allowed to starting the server--just a "benchmark" check for requests/second.

EDIT: Yup; that's where I have it. :/
EDIT2: Well, under "Program Files (x86)," that is.

Okey-doke; I'll be waiting. :)

p.s. I got to the Zend Controller, but there didn't seem to be anything in it that allowed to starting the server--just a "benchmark" check for requests/second.

EDIT: Yup; that's where I have it. :/

Hmmmm make sure your IIS is not running.

Do this :
go to control panel ---> Programs ---> Turn windows features on and off

Then make sure the " Internet information services" is unchecked .

Reboot and try again

blahh it's 1 am .... didn't even install mine yet :D

Hmmmm make sure your IIS is not running.

Do this :
go to control panel ---> Programs ---> Turn windows features on and off

Then make sure the " Internet information services" is unchecked .

Reboot and try again

blahh it's 1 am .... didn't even install mine yet :D
Yup; it's unchecked.

Go get yours installed before you keep helping me! :P I can wait (and should, since I have reading to do for class tomorrow, haha). :D

I'm wondering if one of the problems is that the version I downloaded has PHP 5.2.14, and according to Mike's post, it requires at least 5.2.4. Downloading the PHP 5.3 version now...

I'm wondering if one of the problems is that the version I downloaded has PHP 5.2.14, and according to Mike's post, it requires at least 5.2.4. Downloading the PHP 5.3 version now...
This is good, but an incorrect PHP version won't stop the webserver from running. You still need to find out how to start the server. :)

This is good, but an incorrect PHP version won't stop the webserver from running. You still need to find out how to start the server. :)
Haha, darn. I'm also going to try XAMPP, since I see it's recommended (and free :P) in another thread...will keep you posted with likely more confused questions...! :P Thanks again for your help so far. :D

Haha, darn. I'm also going to try XAMPP, since I see it's recommended (and free :p) in another thread...will keep you posted with likely more confused questions...! :p Thanks again for your help so far. :D

Stick with zend server, it's a lot easier.
BUT use IIS instead of apache.

uninstall zend server, and reinstall with IIS as an option.

Let me know if you figure out how to work it with XAMPP, I am lost :(
I'm stuck too (yours was the thread I was referring to ;)); it says MySQL is "running" in the Control Panel, but I can't get it to do the same for Apache (the log? shows "WARNING: terminating worker thread 0," "Apache started," "Busy..."). :/

@Nizar Meddeb: Gah; all right. haha

(Sorry about the double-post)
All right; I'm reinstalled with IIS now (it's checked in the place you mentioned earlier now), but when I click the shortcut to go to the server page in my browser, I get
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized

You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers.

Most likely causes:
  • No authentication protocol (including anonymous) is selected in IIS.
  • Only integrated authentication is enabled, and a client browser was used that does not support integrated authentication.
  • Integrated authentication is enabled and the request was sent through a proxy that changed the authentication headers before they reach the Web server.
  • The Web server is not configured for anonymous access and a required authorization header was not received.
  • The "configuration/system.webServer/authorization" configuration section may be explicitly denying the user access.
Things you can try:
  • Verify the authentication setting for the resource and then try requesting the resource using that authentication method.
  • Verify that the client browser supports Integrated authentication.
  • Verify that the request is not going through a proxy when Integrated authentication is used.
  • Verify that the user is not explicitly denied access in the "configuration/system.webServer/authorization" configuration section.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Top Bottom