How to tell if Nulled?

Xyphien

So, someone is asking me to help them out by adding some themes, addons, etc. of their xenforo site that they just asked me a few hours ago if I would help them with installing mybb, and somehow instantly changed to needing help with installing stuff for Xf. How do you tell if someone is using a Nulled version of Xf? I don't want to help someone out if they're using something illegal as it could damage my reputation, and it seems really sketchy how they asked me if I knew how to use MyBB one second, and then the next is installing themes in Xf.

If someone could let me know how people find out how to tell if something is nulled or not that'd be great.

Have them give you their validation token and use the License Validation link in the footer to see if it's legit or not. If in doubt contact the staff using the Contact Us link and selecting the option for that.

how are you supposto get validation token when you don't even have access to license??? doesen't make sense :/ i wanna be able to validate a site if it's legit or not without a special token that i cannot get.

If the owner don't want to give you a validation token, that can only be used to validate his license, then it is up to you if you want to help them or not.

Wouldn't it be possible just to check URLs vs the XF database of customers on the validation site? When you acquire a license of XF you must fill in your board URL anyway. This would enable XF third party service providers to check discretely if one is a legal customer or not.

Wouldn't it be possible just to check URLs vs the XF database of customers on the validation site? When you acquire a license of XF you must fill in your board URL anyway. This would enable XF third party service providers to check discretely if one is a legal customer or not.

That's what the validation tokens do. Many addon sites currently request your API token and - in real time - checks against XF if the license is valid or not.

That's what the validation tokens do. Many addon sites currently request your API token and - in real time - checks against XF if the license is valid or not.
Yes...... and if you would have followed the discussion you would have a clue why I was proposing an easier method. A validation token is nice and fancy but redundant when the URL is binding anyway.

Not really since you can put any URL in such as http://localhost and can be changed at anytime.
In regard what the topic starter asked for, this makes no sense as he can not provide services other than to the real actual site the software is running on. Seems like nobody is listening. If he can validate the right ownership by checking if the URL is registered at XF with the software, he doesn't need to ask the client to provide a validation token. If there is a mismatch he can reject providing services. Other than that he can always ask for the token, but Jake Sully asked for an easier method without asking for the token. That's all.

The API is the only method of checking.

It's unlikely that any other method will be provided.

It's worth pointing out that making the information on whether a specific URL is licensed or not, by allowing third parties to query directly, could potentially be a breach of data protection (I don't know the law surrounding it so I'm just surmising).

What has been implemented puts the onus on the license holder to make the API key public/available to a third party, so there's no potential breach there.

Top Bottom