XF 1.5 How To Show >10 Conversations in Inbox Dropdown?

king8084

It looks like it's hardcoded to limit the number of PMs found in the Inbox dropdown to only show a maximum of 10. I've been searching through some of the core documents ("Conversations.php"), but haven't been able to determine where this is housed and/or how to adjust. Any ideas?

@Chris D i've been poking around a bit more and it looks like you've made some comments loosely surrounding conversation counts in the past -- any chance i can grab your attention to hep solve this mystery? I'm searching for a way to increase the count from 10 in the popup, even if it means editing something core. Thanks in advance.

The easiest way to track down something is the following flow:
Find out which template contains your variables
-> find out which controller pumps that in
-> find the correct action method
-> easy to track down from there

I don't have a 1.5 currently up here, so a bit hard to guess which template that is, do you know which one that is?

The easiest way to track down something is the following flow:
Find out which template contains your variables
-> find out which controller pumps that in
-> find the correct action method
-> easy to track down from there

I don't have a 1.5 currently up here, so a bit hard to guess which template that is, do you know which one that is?
we're looping on $conversationsRead in template 'conversation_list_popup', however, doing a helper dump of $conversationsRead at the top of that template shows that we're already working with a limited number of entries at that point ($conversationsRead count + $conversationsUnread count = 10 here).

template 'conversation_list_popup' isn't called from any other templates, nor are $conversationsRead or $conversationsUnread

...which is where my search runs dry. i'm still new to debugging to this degree, so apologies if i'm missing something.

Yea, you nailed down the template. And not being called in any other template makes it even easier. That was the first step.
-> The next step is to look for the controller. Controllers are in library/Xenforo/ControllerPublic.
Your guess above, Conversation.php, is just about right.
-> There's an actionPopup() method, in which you will find your template from above:
PHP:
        return $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Conversation_ListPopup', 'conversation_list_popup', $viewParams);
so you now have the method which is responsible for the data.
-> Track it down from here. Well, that's now pretty obvious because there's this line:
PHP:
        $maxDisplay = 10;
So you should be able to work around that.

Yea, you nailed down the template. And not being called in any other template makes it even easier. That was the first step.
-> The next step is to look for the controller. Controllers are in library/Xenforo/ControllerPublic.
Your guess above, Conversation.php, is just about right.
-> There's an actionPopup() method, in which you will find your template from above:
PHP:
        return $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Conversation_ListPopup', 'conversation_list_popup', $viewParams);
so you now have the method which is responsible for the data.
-> Track it down from here. Well, that's now pretty obvious because there's this line:
PHP:
        $maxDisplay = 10;
So you should be able to work around that.
oh, man... i was definitely looking at Model > Conversations.php instead of in ControllerPublic > Conversations.php

thanks so much for walking me through that, man. truly appreciate it. working flawlessly.

Top Bottom