How to setup APC with 1.1?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

Do we still have to use the same setup as we did with 1.0?

Code:
  $config['cache']['enabled'] = true;

$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';

$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array ( 'caching' => true, 'automatic_serialization' => true, 'lifetime' => 10800, 'cache_id_prefix' => 'ds' );

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

This is how I run XenFans.com with APC

Screen%20shot%202011-10-28%20at%2010.11.39%20AM.png

You mean APC in XF? as I cant find no apc.php file?

UPDATE - it looks as if I need to upgrade my PHP/APC

I'm using the latest APC, 3.1.9 (warning: 3.1.8 has a nasty conflict with WordPress). I set up your config file to use 'Apc' as backend cache.

But I have this phenomenon: Since setting up APC, whenever I navigate around the Admin panels, I am constantly forced to login again. Anyone with a solution, an APC setting change, anything?

This is my current setup:

Code:
extension="apc.so"
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_segments=3
apc.optimization=0
apc.shm_size=256M
apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.num_files_hint=1024
apc.mmap_file_mask=/tmp/apc.XXXXXX
apc.enable_cli=1
apc.slam_defense=Off
apc.cache_by_default=1
suhosin.apc_bug_workaround=1

If someone has a better idea, do let me know. I copied this one from someone who said it'd work great in WordPress.

One More Thing: This problem only happens on one of our forums: http://forum.theparacast.com. The others are free of the symptom, yet. The only difference that I can see is the use of the Product-XenFans.com-Popular-Content add-on with our largest forum. Anyone else see that as a potential conflict? Or should I be changing my APC setup any?

I'm using the latest APC, 3.1.9 (warning: 3.1.8 has a nasty conflict with WordPress). I set up your config file to use 'Apc' as backend cache.

But I have this phenomenon: Since setting up APC, whenever I navigate around the Admin panels, I am constantly forced to login again. Anyone with a solution, an APC setting change, anything?

This is my current setup:

Code:
extension="apc.so"
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_segments=3
apc.optimization=0
apc.shm_size=256M
apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.num_files_hint=1024
apc.mmap_file_mask=/tmp/apc.XXXXXX
apc.enable_cli=1
apc.slam_defense=Off
apc.cache_by_default=1
suhosin.apc_bug_workaround=1

If someone has a better idea, do let me know. I copied this one from someone who said it'd work great in WordPress.

One More Thing: This problem only happens on one of our forums: http://forum.theparacast.com. The others are free of the symptom, yet. The only difference that I can see is the use of the Product-XenFans.com-Popular-Content add-on with our largest forum. Anyone else see that as a potential conflict? Or should I be changing my APC setup any?
i had the cp relog issue and it was due to the fact that too little memory was allocated to apc. i suspect each of your relogs increases the cache full count by 1.

I had pleasant conversations with Deebs, who has tried to be very helpful.

FYI: I got this suggestion from cPanel support if you're running into troubles with an PHP cache utility. Recompile Apache and remove mod_deflate. That is a potential troublemaker.

Top Bottom