XF 1.4 How to set moderator permissions for usergroup?

clove28

I'm still confuse on how to give moderator permissions for a usergroup. I have quite numbers of forums and catergories. Everytime I put a new user in moderation group, I still have to set permission for him on the forums one by one. which I find very tiring.

Here's what I understand from what I read here, put the moderators in a usergroup with moderation permissions enable/set to yes. Then set that usergroup to moderate a specific node. If I put a regular member in this group, can he inherit the permission from this group even he's not a moderator or do I need to make him as a moderator first?

Secondly, if I put a never permission on specific group (demoted) from a member of moderators or staffs, can they bypass this permission?

Lastly and which confuses me the most is the node permissions. As I've learned from here, if I tick the "Private Node", it will be hidden for everyone unless explicitly given permission to see it. But what I've noticed, even if I ticked the private node, it still shows to all our members so I have to revoke all access from the Registered Group and set the permissions one by one. Is this really how this works?

I hope someone could help me with this. TIA! :)

Hi Brogan! Thanks for the reply.

So I don't have to make a regular member to be a moderator then? And I just need to put him in the moderation group. Am I correct? And nobody can bypass the never permission. Now it's more clear. Thanks!

Moderators need to be explicitly promoted.

https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Hi Brogan! I'd like to ask the following;

1. Are the permissions set on the default moderating group (Group ID = 4), baselines like the Registered Members Group (Group ID=2)? On what I understand from the manual, I need to set up the minimum permissions for moderators. Does it mean that there are 2 baselines for permissions? The registered and the moderating?

2. If I set up the node permission and leave the pre-sets for moderating permissions, will it inherit the registered permissions or the moderating permissions? TIA!

All permissions applied across all user groups are cumulative.

The 'baseline' for all users should be the Registered user group.

Top Bottom