1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to set a .html file in the root as the default index page?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by zLemonProz, Apr 1, 2015.

1. zLemonProz

zLemonProz Member

Hey,

Here are all the files in my root website directory:

[​IMG]

I currently have my default index page set to portal/ which is my xenporta page, but I want to set the default index page to go to the 'splash.html'

How can I do this?

2. zLemonProz

zLemonProz Member

I have tried just setting it to 'splash.html' and it doesn't work.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo generally "takes over" a directory, so you can't officially do what you're looking to do. You'd normally install XF in a child directory.

Strictly speaking, if index.php is removed as a "directory index" (making splash.html your index), you don't enable friendly URLs, and you remove all of the rewrite-components of the .htaccess, you may be able to do it. The only alternative would be to bring splash.html in as something like a page node and then change your "index page route" to point to it.

4. zLemonProz

zLemonProz Member

How would I get the page html to use the entire page and bypass the page theme? When I tried it displayed my splash.html but inside the container.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member