how to sell a forum .... Or how not to get stung

Marc

Hi Guys,
I am selling a forum licence to someone, however I have not done this before. How is the best way to go about this? Am I safe to do it through paypal you think?

1. Have a contract
2. Make sure their money clears the bank first. Feel free to provide the purchaser the license number to verify the transferability.
3. Use escrow if you must
4. Don't sell to anyone who isn't close enough to sue or report for wire fraud
5. Easiest - sell to someone you know or can verify is a real person or bona fide operation who wouldn't want a trail of written misery and woe to follow them.

1. Have a contract
2. Make sure their money clears the bank first. Feel free to provide the purchaser the license number to verify the transferability.
3. Use escrow if you must
4. Don't sell to anyone who isn't close enough to sue or report for wire fraud
5. Easiest - sell to someone you know or can verify is a real person or bona fide operation who wouldn't want a trail of written misery and woe to follow them.

Cheers Micheal :)

Just find a trusted person - or KNOW if the person is legit.

If the person is a serious seller, that's good sign you're not going to get stung.

what is escrow?
A middle-man service that handles transactions between the seller and the buyer.

There's a page where the buyer puts in a specified number to purchase to acquire that domain name. If the seller accepts the price offered, he wins the domain. These are actually premium domains....

Top Bottom