1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to sell a forum .... Or how not to get stung

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marc, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    I am selling a forum licence to someone, however I have not done this before. How is the best way to go about this? Am I safe to do it through paypal you think?
  2. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

1. Have a contract
    2. Make sure their money clears the bank first. Feel free to provide the purchaser the license number to verify the transferability.
    3. Use escrow if you must
    4. Don't sell to anyone who isn't close enough to sue or report for wire fraud
    5. Easiest - sell to someone you know or can verify is a real person or bona fide operation who wouldn't want a trail of written misery and woe to follow them.
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Cheers Micheal :)
  4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Just find a trusted person - or KNOW if the person is legit.

If the person is a serious seller, that's good sign you're not going to get stung.
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I know the seller is serious ... Thats me LOL
  6. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Okay, then, "If the person is a serious buyer, that's a good sign you're not going to get stung."

7. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

what is escrow?
  8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

A middle-man service that handles transactions between the seller and the buyer.

There's a page where the buyer puts in a specified number to purchase to acquire that domain name. If the seller accepts the price offered, he wins the domain. These are actually premium domains....
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was being an arse LOL .. Sorry :)