XF 1.2 How to report spam to SFS?

flynnibus

So I've added the api key for StopForumSpam in options... and I moderate new user registrations.

But it's not clear to me in the workflows how I am supposed to be flagging users as spammers?

When I reject user registrations.. is there any way to flag them as spammers for the various features xenforo supports for reporting spammers? Or are those things only supported when banning users as spam in the forums?

I actually found most registrations still getting through the 1.2 spam improvements until I set the # of required flags to just 1.. and now it seems most registrations are getting rejected outright.. but for those that get through.. I'd love to be able to flag them as spammers without waiting for them to post in the forum.

Is that possible?

You can run the spam cleaner from a users profile.

I don't see spam cleaner in the user edit page in admin pages? And wouldn't spam cleaner only look at posts in the forums?

I'm talking about when a user is registers and pending approval... they obviously do not have any posts at this point. It's plainly obvious when you have spam registrations at this point.. yet I have no way to funnel their registrations back into the BL lists.. I can only reject them or ban the IP.

The workflow for approving users is in the admin control panel... the user profile page you suggest is in the forum view (and do they even show up before their registration has been approved?). That's not easy at all.

Yes, as admin you can access the profile before you approve then. The Spam Cleaner can be run on profiles, regardless of post status.

But spam cleaner does not reject the registration - but bans them and hence they hang around flooding ban lists and other views.

I really don't need to keep track of hundreds of past China spammers in my db. Id like to just turn them away at the door, feed the data to the lists and move on.

I don't see spam cleaner in the user edit page in admin pages? And wouldn't spam cleaner only look at posts in the forums?

I'm talking about when a user is registers and pending approval... they obviously do not have any posts at this point. It's plainly obvious when you have spam registrations at this point.. yet I have no way to funnel their registrations back into the BL lists.. I can only reject them or ban the IP.

The workflow for approving users is in the admin control panel... the user profile page you suggest is in the forum view (and do they even show up before their registration has been approved?). That's not easy at all.

Have you not read the stop forum spam rules, you can't just submit people unless they've actually spammed.

Maybe xenforo could team up with a list of 'obvious spammers who have not posted' service :rolleyes:

I don't need to clog my site with thousands of registrations from Bangladesh, India, China, and headless hosting services for my community about my 3k home neighborhood.

I don't need to clog my site with thousands of registrations from Bangladesh, India, China, and headless hosting services for my community about my 3k home neighborhood.

If your forum is only about your local community, why not ban China etc via a .htaccess rule? Or via the StopCountrySpam addon here?

Top Bottom