how to put advertisement in my forum

irawanir

Dear Sir,

Would you like to tell me how to put ads in my forum. I cannot find any configuration or setup for that.

Thanks,
Irawan

There are various templates in the Admin CP which have been located in common places where you might want ads.

For example.

Admin CP > Appearance > Templates

If you type ad_ into the name field and search, these are all of the templates that have been reserved for ads.

You can just paste your ad code into the desired templates.

Please be more specific and detaild, I am a noobie with respect to Xenforo ( was using vB till now ) but I am getting my forum online very soon, a little detail will help us all.
There are various templates in the Admin CP which have been located in common places where you might want ads.

For example.

Admin CP > Appearance > Templates

If you type ad_ into the name field and search, these are all of the templates that have been reserved for ads.

You can just paste your ad code into the desired templates.

Please be more specific and detaild, I am a noobie with respect to Xenforo ( was using vB till now ) but I am getting my forum online very soon, a little detail will help us all.
I have been specific and detailed.

You need to go into Admin CP.

Go to the Appearance menu along the top.

Click the Templates link on the left hand side.

In the filter box type "ad_"

This will list a load of templates which you can paste advertisers code into. So if you wanted an advert to appear at the bottom of the sidebar you would find the template called "ad_sidebar_bottom" and paste the code provided to you by your advertising company.

Only thing I didn't say was some of these templates may already have code in them, such as:

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_sidebar_bottom" />

If you see this, don't remove it.

Thanks brothers, I will follow your advice and report back, I am not placing ads right now, but I will in future.
I want to know, what timeframe and service you suggest me to max my monetization !!
This thread explains it in more detail: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/idiots-guide-to-adverts.30029/
(each post contributes, so if you don't understand one thing, keep looking at the post below to read)

Thanks a lot an a BOW to you, I will follow your advise to the core !! :D
I have been specific and detailed.

You need to go into Admin CP.

Go to the Appearance menu along the top.

Click the Templates link on the left hand side.

In the filter box type "ad_"

This will list a load of templates which you can paste advertisers code into. So if you wanted an advert to appear at the bottom of the sidebar you would find the template called "ad_sidebar_bottom" and paste the code provided to you by your advertising company.

Only thing I didn't say was some of these templates may already have code in them, such as:

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_sidebar_bottom" />

If you see this, don't remove it.

I would also not run ads until I hit the required userbase and page views. thanks for your suggestions :)
Google AdSense is probably the best paying one out there, with the exception of directly sold ads. I honestly wouldn't even run ads until your activity gets to at least that level.

Reactions: DBA
Top Bottom