1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make new page with custom link

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by PreFiX, Mar 16, 2015.

1. PreFiX

PreFiX Member

How I should make something like this? It's kind easy to make page like this on IPBoard. But I googled so many times but still couldn't find anything useful. Only how to hook to something. I need information how to make add-on like this, not page node :|
    [​IMG]

2. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Applications => Create Page Node

3. PreFiX

PreFiX Member

My last sentence of first post .... I need information how to make add-on like this, not page node :|

4. Jake B.

Ah missed that, sorry. You can either:

1. Extend an existing controller using the load_class_controller code event listener and add your own action to it (look at existing ones to see how it works) (Kier explains how this works here)
    2. Create your own Controller & Route (Explained here)

5. PreFiX

PreFiX Member

I can't see anything that would help me to do something like I mentioned. Only custom url. But not a new page ... (New page should have do something with templates anyway)

6. Jake B.

For the new page to display you'll have to have a controller for it. Not quite sure what you mean..

7. PreFiX

PreFiX Member

Oh sorry, yeah you were right. I'm starting to understand how it works.

Jake B. likes this.