XF 1.5 How to make media site show under the media icon

Mr Lucky

I have created a Media site and can embed manually using the BBcode, but how do I get the site to show under the media icon, i.e. along with the default dailymotion, live leak, Facebook, Youtube etc.

I presumed if I have ticked the box that says Show this site on the list of 'supported' sites shown to visitors then it would show.

So does anyone please know what I'm missing? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick about how this works?

I presumed if I have ticked the box that says Show this site on the list of 'supported' sites shown to visitors then it would show.
Yes, this should work, and I just tested it and it worked fine for me.

Are you sure it isn't listed there? Are you sure the option is ticked?

I've had this before where I've enabled a site and it hasn't shown in the list (and vice versa). I think I needed to rebuild the caches to sort it.

Well, I would try again with add-ons disabled, and then go back to the media site you added, and click "Save Changes". It's purely this save process that should trigger the cache to be rebuilt. The idea behind disabling the add-ons first is in case an add-on has changed the logic which would trigger a cache rebuild. Aside from that there isn't a lot that can go wrong.

Other factors could be any caching mechanisms you have involved. Have you configured any caching in the config.php or use any add-ons that do anything with caches?

Ah well, re-enabling addons caused it to show.

But it is giving me an error:

The specified URL cannot be embedded as media.

When it is a standard soundcloud URL.

Top Bottom