how to make another user as being the Admin ?

erich37

How do I actually set-up or assign another user as being the "Admin" of my website ?

I tried this with clicking the boxes "admin" and "moderator" at another user´s profile within ACP, but then I tried to Log-in into my ACP with that anotehr user´s Username and Password, but could not Log-in.

What am I doing wrong ?

I just want to set-up another user as "Admin" and then delete myself (my own username) as being the "Admin". I want to do this in order to get rid of the "Recent Activities posts in my own Profile".

Appreciate your help on this.

If you delete your own userid then there will no longer be a super admin associated with the installation.

Make sure you edit /library/config.php and add/remove any users as necessary; for example: $config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';

For the new admin, make sure their primary group is Administrator.

Hi Jake,

I actually applies Admin-rights to a specific user. Just somehow strange that this user could not login into the ACP.
Looks like I´m doing something wrong....

Usergroups and actual administrator status are a bit different in Xenforo. You can place someone in the admin group, but that doesn't make them an administrator (it just gives them the forum side permissions, name color, things like that you would configure for the group). To actually appoint an administrator with admincp access, you need to go to the page Jake pointed out and click the "Create New Administrator" button.

Here, you can type in their name, specify a secondary group (this doesn't change their primary, just adds a secondary, and can be ignored if you want to manually put them in the administrator usergroup), and select permissions you would like them to have. Click save, and they are an administrator with admincp access.

It's a little longer of a process than most other software, but, IMO, it helps keep things a bit more secure.

Top Bottom