XF 1.1 how to add another user to "Super Administrator" ?

erich37

I would like to add another user-account to be a Super-Administrator.
So literally when I setup the Forum, I had my first created account being the Super-Administrator, but now I would like to change all Administrator-rights from the current user-account to another user-account.

I have set the new user to be in the user-group of "Administrator", but I can not log-in into the ACP with this account.

How to do this properly please ?

Appreciate your help!

You should add that user-account to adminstrators through the admin control panel. Then in your config.php in your library directory, edit
$config['superAdmins'] = 'user id'; to include the user id of that user-account.

thanks a lot guys!!! Worked perfectly fine :)

one more question, please:
will this config.php file get overwritten when I upgrade to the latest version of XenForo or will my changes to this file stay in place?

Cheers!

I have done all this now, but I am having troubles.

For the new "Super-Admin" user, I can log-in into the ACP. But I am not able to administer the threads via the user-interface.
Meaning, for example I am not able to "Move Threads" or "Merge Threads" or use any other Admin-function via the user-interface.

Is there any other thing I am missing? :confused:

Note: A XenForo administrator has privileges to access systems within the ACP, and is not necessarily a moderator. If you need a user to be able to perform privileged duties in the ACP and the public-facing side of the application, you will need to set up that user as a moderator as well.

Add him here (as opposed to just adding him to the group):

Admin CP -> Users -> Administrators

Super admins are defined in the library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';

So no problem finding the right file, but how do I know what "id" to use there? Which ID? And where do I find a user's ID (if not the Unix ID, as that I know where to find.)
Also, do I have to restart the forum after editing this file?

Thanks,
-Owen-

Add him here (as opposed to just adding him to the group):

Admin CP -> Users -> Administrators

Super admins are defined in the library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';

I hate to sound stupid, AGAIN but how do I find the library/config.php file?
I went here Admin CP -> Users -> Administrators
But can't find anything that looks like library?

Hi Danita,

Did you understand Brogan's answer? You cannot get to the file via the forum itself. You will need to log into the server that the forum runs on, and use an editor via a terminal program, or an FTP program to download, edit, and replace that file. I had to poke through the directories to find it, but it is there.

Top Bottom