1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to learn programming with reading ?!

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by TBDragon, Jan 16, 2014.

1. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

Hi every one ^_^

i know somehow its stupid question but its what i have !!

i love php and programming in general ( C ,C++ , java , Assemble , MicroC , C# and php )

but all of them i learned in my university other learned from youtube i spend 1 week to learn php
    and i learn simple mvc and start to learn CI framework

>_< and all this time and hardwork and learning more and more to get learn how to make an addon for my XF !!!
    and what i got is zero !! i can`t
    i read many post but i can`t , i can get the basic things and understand the leason when someone teach me face2face or from videos !! but :| in reading this is a problem for me
    so how i can solve this issue
    <<>> how i can learn something i like to learn and love to learn from something i can`t work with ( READING )

i don`t from where to start even with my html experience i have some problems with XF template

and sorry to bother u guys with my stupid issue ^_^

2. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

=D so no one care about answering or write small advice for me ^_^

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

For C++ you will have to use books as it can get quite complex.
    For XenForo, simply start with small template edits and then create a small add-on.
    - Ask specific questions as you go along.
    - Look at how others have created their add-ons (look at their code).
    - Check the development tutorials

TBDragon likes this.
  4. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

- for c++ i just learn basic thing when i was programming my project so i just dont need to go deep in as i dont use it but i love to see some video about it

- the problem if i read to much i just close the page :(
    even some small thing i made my self like small add-on for my template editing
    small edit for RM and for bbcode media

even the add-on code or small code and tutorials i got the idea and understand them but when i go down and down :( i can`t continue , i dono how to force my self accept learning from reading tuts or books :( >< "

5. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Dring lots of coffee :D
    All I can suggest is that you work on something that interests you and ask specific questions whenever you get stuck.

6. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

yup this what i plan to do
    i just dont like the normal contact us page so now i plan to make a php code inside a XF page to make some more advance option
    with help of this SDK by @Vincent.Gabriel

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-sdk.2790/
    as this SDK will help me much so i dont need to call many thing and search for files and where i can find things i dono if its right idea to start from this not from the basic things and from the start not from top level SDK or addon

once i got it work fine i will see if i can manage to make it integrated add-on with XF to get more dynamic option through ACP ^_^

thanks for replay u just give me a push to start work on my idea ^_^

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

That's the spirit.
    That's why I'm a big fan of @Chris Deeming :)

Chris D likes this.