XF 2.2 How to keep the node title on the first child

Joan1211

Hello,

I have 4 nodes like that:

2.png

I would like to group Node 1/2 inside a Part 1
I would like to group Node 3/4 inside a Part 2

I have created a Part 1 and Part 2 link, as parents.

5.png 6.png

And then I have hidden the children from being displayed

1.png

But the problem is that now, when i click on Part 1, it open a new page but I dont have the same design as it is in the Forum main page. I am loosing the categorisation:

4.png

Instead, I would like it to be like that:

3.png

I would like to have the blue node title (node 1 and Node 2), displayed on each category when I am not anymore in the Forum main page.
( the last picture is what i would like to achieve, of course this picture not a real one)

Has anyone an idea?
Thank you.

The node system is not intended for this configuration, you will need custom development.

But to stay in the spirit of what you wanted to do, it is not necessary to create node links as parents, you can use category nodes with subcategories then forums... Then there is a option in ACP to create pages for categories : /admin.php?options/groups/nodeList/

1675848782359.png

1675848848290.png

The node system is not intended for this configuration, you will need custom development.

But to stay in the spirit of what you wanted to do, it is not necessary to create node links as parents, you can use category nodes with subcategories then forums... Then there is a option in ACP to create pages for categories : /admin.php?options/groups/nodeList/

This is an option that I am currently using (create page for category). When I click on the link, it opens a new page. But I understand that my request needs extra developement. I will go on that direction then. Merci :)

Top Bottom