XF 2.1 How to interrupt upgrade? Help, please.

RalleRalle

Hi, I started the upgrade to 2.2.1 without knowing what I am doing. Short time later I landed at https://myurl/forum/install/index.php?upgrade/ and saw the warning "Upgrading to 2.2.1 is a significant upgrade ... Click the button below to begin the upgrade to 2.2.1."
Is there a way to stop this upgrade at this stage? How? I only have the button "begin upgrade" and I don't want to click on it.
Thank you

Last edited:
As long as you didn't click anything after navigating to install, restoring the files from a backup should have restored the site.

What do you see now if you navigate to install?

Is there a message that the latest version is already installed?

Ah, after your post I rechecked and saw it now wants me to upgrade to 2.1.11 again - I already did that successfully earlier tonight.
It lead to "oops we ran into some problems please try again" at first, but in the scond run worked OK.

But now when I try to do that again it always runs into problems (tried 8 times already) :/

just realized that while I start the upgrade again and again in the lower right corner it already says "v2.1.11" - now I am confused?

ACP and forum are still closed

Are you sure there are no 2.2 files in the restore that you did?

Try deleting the contents of the src/XF/Install/Upgrade directory and replacing them with the files from the version that the site was running,

the backup was from last night, so yes, I am 100% sure there are no 2.2 files.
I deleted the whole /forum/-tree and restored it from yesterday night.

So now this is the cycle i am caught in:

1602622995595.webp
Processing...
Importing... Master data (templates)
Rebuilding... Phrases
Rebuilding... Templates
1602623109687.webp

In that case do a full restore of the files and database taken after you completed the upgrade to 2.1.11 and before starting the upgrade to 2.2.

I don't have that I am afraid. I did the upgrade to 2.1.11 successfully and immediately after that hit the "upgrade to 2.2.1" - button that showed up in me ACP. But did not hit the next "begin upgrade" button (which comes with the "Upgrading to 2.2.1 is a significant upgrade" warning).

Is there any other way? (sorry)

I was afraid you'd say that. I run a 6gig forum, how am I supposed to do a quick backup? So I rely on the backup function of my hoster. and that snapshot is 20 hours old. My community will be furious :(

You appear to have restored the 2.1.11 files, but I suspect you may have actually upgraded to 2.1.12 already -- with a change today, you would've been prompted about that upgrade before the 2.2.1 upgrade showed up (if you were on 2.1).

So if you upload the 2.1.12 files (you may need to download them from the customer area and do this manually if you can't get into the ACP), that would probably clear up the issue.

Top Bottom