how to integrate my XF-website with a FaceBook-page ?

erich37

I saw that xenforo has a page at FaceBook.

So when I setup a "Page" at Facebook, how do I integrate my "FB Page" into my XF-website ?

Hi Jake,

no, I am actually talking about Facebook-Pages, not the FB-Connect.
Is there a way to connect my XF-website to a FB-page or is this not required ?

Hi Erich, what do you mean by connect your site to an FB page?

I have an FB Page for my site but there is no integration as such either way.

I mean: so that certain posts from my Xf-website will be distributed to my FB-page (not my personal FB-page, but my company-FB-page.
Not sure if this is intended or even possible... ? I am quite new to FB, so please excuse my dumb questions....

I think that is not possible! You can not import RSS feeds for a Group or a Page in FB (It seems strange, but unless there is an app for that, FB has no support to import feeds in a Group).
On the other hand, you can import feeds for a normal profile. It might be easier to create a profile and treat it as a group and than you can import feeds by going to: http://www.facebook.com/editnotes.php

another question, please:

as setting up the FaceBook-Connect via a FB-application, FaceBook is generating an "Application Page".
I am kind of confused about this "Application Page". Should I develo this application-page into my "FB-Page" or should I create a new "FB-page" ?

Not quite sure why FaceBook-Connect is actually an "application" ?

I mean: so that certain posts from my Xf-website will be distributed to my FB-page (not my personal FB-page, but my company-FB-page.
Not sure if this is intended or even possible... ? I am quite new to FB, so please excuse my dumb questions....
I am fairly certain that the updates posted on the FB page are added manually by whoever is administrating the page, not automatically. T'would be a nice mod to see if one could be made, though... :)

so when I create a FaceBook-"Page", then I see the following option at FB:

-------------------------------------------------
Promote this Page on your website
Add a Facebook Like Box to your site and give people an easy way to discover and follow this Page.

-------------------------------------------------

How to do this ?

hmmm.... strange that there is no feedback from the community on this..... ?? Either it is just me who doesn´t get it or you guys do not care about FB ? ;)

Well anyway, just curious if I should use my "FB-application Page" as the FB-Page or whether I should set-up a separate FB "Page" for my business.

The other question is: how do I "associate" my "XF-Admin-Account" with my "FB-Account" ?

Appreciate your help!

well, when you set-up Facebook-Connect for your XenForo-website, then Facebook is creating a "Page" for your application, this is what I mean with "Application Page".

you just create a Facebook-Connect application for each one of your local sites.
The Facebook-Connect is not related to your Facebook-Page. You can still have one FB-Page, but you would need to setup several Facebook-Connect-applications - so one for each of your local websites.

The Facebook-Connect is not related to your Facebook-Page. You can still have one FB-Page, but you would need to setup several Facebook-Connect-applications - so one for each of your local websites.
So the one FB profile can have multiple sites connecting to FB apps? Please clarify. I hope so cos the thought of having to obtain multiple FB profiles horrifies me.

Uhm, interesting idea, however .. I rather have the traffic on the site focus on my site and not eventually end up on Facebook again where they just get sucked back in to mining their crops

Top Bottom