• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how to integrate my XF-website with a FaceBook-page ?

erich37

I saw that xenforo has a page at FaceBook.

So when I setup a "Page" at Facebook, how do I integrate my "FB Page" into my XF-website ?

erich37

Hi Jake,

no, I am actually talking about Facebook-Pages, not the FB-Connect.
Is there a way to connect my XF-website to a FB-page or is this not required ?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Hi Erich, what do you mean by connect your site to an FB page?

I have an FB Page for my site but there is no integration as such either way.

erich37

I mean: so that certain posts from my Xf-website will be distributed to my FB-page (not my personal FB-page, but my company-FB-page.
Not sure if this is intended or even possible... ? I am quite new to FB, so please excuse my dumb questions....

I think that is not possible! You can not import RSS feeds for a Group or a Page in FB (It seems strange, but unless there is an app for that, FB has no support to import feeds in a Group).
On the other hand, you can import feeds for a normal profile. It might be easier to create a profile and treat it as a group and than you can import feeds by going to: http://www.facebook.com/editnotes.php

erich37

another question, please:

as setting up the FaceBook-Connect via a FB-application, FaceBook is generating an "Application Page".
I am kind of confused about this "Application Page". Should I develo this application-page into my "FB-Page" or should I create a new "FB-page" ?

Not quite sure why FaceBook-Connect is actually an "application" ?

Trombones13

I mean: so that certain posts from my Xf-website will be distributed to my FB-page (not my personal FB-page, but my company-FB-page.
Not sure if this is intended or even possible... ? I am quite new to FB, so please excuse my dumb questions....
I am fairly certain that the updates posted on the FB page are added manually by whoever is administrating the page, not automatically. T'would be a nice mod to see if one could be made, though... :)

erich37

so when I create a FaceBook-"Page", then I see the following option at FB:

-------------------------------------------------
Promote this Page on your website
Add a Facebook Like Box to your site and give people an easy way to discover and follow this Page.

-------------------------------------------------

How to do this ?

erich37

hmmm.... strange that there is no feedback from the community on this..... ?? Either it is just me who doesn´t get it or you guys do not care about FB ? ;)

Well anyway, just curious if I should use my "FB-application Page" as the FB-Page or whether I should set-up a separate FB "Page" for my business.

The other question is: how do I "associate" my "XF-Admin-Account" with my "FB-Account" ?

Appreciate your help!

Trombones13

I'm not sure what the application page is (I haven't set mine up yet since the forum isn't ready to go yet), but I would recommend creating a fan page similar to this one for posting updates and news.

This thread might also help.

erich37

well, when you set-up Facebook-Connect for your XenForo-website, then Facebook is creating a "Page" for your application, this is what I mean with "Application Page".

erich37

you just create a Facebook-Connect application for each one of your local sites.
The Facebook-Connect is not related to your Facebook-Page. You can still have one FB-Page, but you would need to setup several Facebook-Connect-applications - so one for each of your local websites.

Sola

The Facebook-Connect is not related to your Facebook-Page. You can still have one FB-Page, but you would need to setup several Facebook-Connect-applications - so one for each of your local websites.
So the one FB profile can have multiple sites connecting to FB apps? Please clarify. I hope so cos the thought of having to obtain multiple FB profiles horrifies me.

F

Floris

Uhm, interesting idea, however .. I rather have the traffic on the site focus on my site and not eventually end up on Facebook again where they just get sucked back in to mining their crops