XF 2.0 How to install the add-on the documentation isn't working

Forumzster

I guess I need to know what is the XF root directory Xenforo staff installed my forum for me. It's on the root web, public_html folder below are all the folders in my public_html folder.

Which one is the Xenforo root directory?

1. data
2. install
3. internal_data
4. js
5. library
6. src
7. styles
8. upload ->this is the add-on folder

Last edited:
The XenForo root directory in your case is public_html.

That's what I thought, but I uploaded the folder there as you can see number 8. on the list and what's next. it doesn't show in my add-ons in my admin cp. I have the media gallery installed by xenforo and that's the only add-on showing.

That's what I thought, but I uploaded the folder there as you can see number 8. on the list and what's next. it doesn't show in my add-ons in my admin cp. I have the media gallery installed by xenforo and that's the only add-on showing.

That's right. You need to upload the contents, not the folder itself. When your in ftp click on the left side where your files are and press CTRL + A

That will select all the files and then FTP them. The folders are okay to upload and should be fine as they don't overwrite what's inside them in most cases. Some FTP clients are like that but the famous ones aren't and will just upload the contents to that folder and not overwrite folders themselves.

I just uploaded them and it did overwrite now my forum is forcing me into a two step verification, damn it. I'm so mad right now! Who names the files in an add on the same name as other files already installed?

These are the directions provided for the add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/kl-profile-post-bb-code.6308/

What FTP client are you using? It happens but that's uncommon in most clients. Go to your Xenforo 2 installation and upload the same folders you did for the add-on to fix it then. I use FileZilla and it's never done that for me.

I just uploaded them and it did overwrite now my forum is forcing me into a two step verification, damn it.
That would be absolutely nothing to do with uploading the files from an add-on.

This will be because you've blindly hit Quick set - "Yes" to all permissions which will have enabled the "Require two-step verification" permission.

That would be absolutely nothing to do with uploading the files from an add-on.

This will be because you've blindly hit Quick set - "Yes" to all permissions which will have enabled the "Require two-step verification" permission.

That's exactly what I did, because all my permissions went to no after upload, I'm so frustrated.

Fixed it, I'm back in and the add on is working, thanks Chris and everyone else. I was pissed off just 1 minute ago. Now I'm all smiles. :)

When I install another add on if the folders are named Js and src will it overwrite this current add on? Or does it not matter once it's installed?

Top Bottom