Add-on Help a newbie work out how to install add ons pls

So i'm brand new to this and dying to try out some add-ons on my forum. Problem is i'm clueless on how to actulally install them.
The second I see -
Upload contents of upload folder to forum root.
or
Upload the contents of the upload folder to the library folder of your XenForo installation.
I panic and give in mostly because i have no idea what or where my forum root and library folders are. Can someone point me to where I can find these in simple terms.

The forum root is wherever you installed the software on your domain (server).

You will need an FTP program to upload the files and directories from your PC to the server.

However, you may want to consider installing this add-on, which will do it all for you: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-install-upgrade.960/

And yes, I appreciate the irony of suggesting using an add-on to help you with installing add-ons.

So i'm brand new to this and dying to try out some add-ons on my forum. Problem is i'm clueless on how to actulally install them.
The second I see -
Upload contents of upload folder to forum root.
or
Upload the contents of the upload folder to the library folder of your XenForo installation.
I panic and give in mostly because i have no idea what or where my forum root and library folders are. Can someone point me to where I can find these in simple terms.

If you are uncomfortable with ftp then you can use that mod that Brogan linked to above which will automate the mod installation process.

Top Bottom